To each their own

I parked my LJ next to it and when I came back outside it's owner was looking at my Jeep. I had assumed his had some kind of plastic/fiberglass bolt on kit treatment but he explained it was bone factory stock. I had been shocked that an owner might do that to a Wrangler but completely blown away that Jeep would have done such a thing. Had to look it up when I came home to become a believer.

When those were still a concept, Jeep took a few out to the Rubicon Trail because they were thinking of naming it, the Rubicon. But all that awful body kit failed miserably on the trail, so they named it Renegade.
Should have called it the Barricade as it kept clogging up the trail when it rammed its "awesome approach angle" nose into the obstacles.

Just watched the motorweek review on it from 1992. "Modern, terminator-inspired graphics and steroid-induced fender flares give the wrangler a real Schwarzenegger look"..... although he preferred humvees

Just found this one too. Jeepvee
Screenshot_20190417-112842_Facebook.jpg

It's funny how many Jeep guys dont know the Renegade is a factory built truck.

I like them. They're unique amongst Jeeps. There hasn't been anything like it since then.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the YJ's end up like the Ford Edsels and become a collector jeep. Those square headlights will become the Edsels grill.

I pass by a YJ Renegade not far from here on a regular basis. It looks like the one the OP posted and appears to be stock. The guy has a regular YJ too. For me it's one of those vehicles that you like to see , especially in stock condition, but don't want to own. I kind of appreciate the guy keeping it that way.

Reactions: Sam Solo