To worry, or not to worry? 32rh freshly rebuilt

DaEbLe

This is the 32rh out of my rock crawler. It has less than 300 miles on the freshly rebuilt trans. I dropped it due to a pan gasket leak. There were no signs or issues the entire trip that would make me think the trans had any issue whatsoever.
Trans has a neutral bypass (keeps pump running even in park) new kevlar bands, new clutches, new low stall torque converter, and the builder said he raised the line pressure to the high end of spec.

Builder said I can do what I want, be it bring it back to him to go through. I don't really feel like dropping a trans..
He also said it looked like torque converter material to him.
I am out of my league here. Just curious what the greater minds see here. Is this all break in materials? Is the trans about to detonate? Any other thoughts?

Compress_20220217_183459_9337.jpg

Compress_20220217_183459_9808.jpg

Compress_20220217_183458_8900.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I wouldn't want to drop the transmission either but in this case I would definitely do just that and give it back to the rebuilder and let him figure out what's going on.

I wouldn't want to drop the transmission either but in this case I would definitely do just that and give it back to the rebuilder and let him figure out what's going on.
I know you are right. I was just hoping to bury my head in the sand and make all the bad metal shavings go away.

One of those days..

On a further note, builder said it looked like torque converter break in. I never knew there was anything to break in on torque converters?

Reactions: Jerry Bransford