Today's Project

Be prepared to replace the flashe also. I want through 3 different ones before I found the one that would work properly with bit the signals and the 4 ways.

Thanks, I've been studying about the flasher relays etc. and just haven't pulled the trigger on an order yet. I've read you can't change out the side lights in front with LED's, but there was a guy on here working on that. Not sure if he got it sorted or not.

I was in the same boat. I also keep a cover on the spare to stop the UV damage so I got an aftermarket and drilled two holes in the top of the plate for the spare. I’ll try to get some pics tomorrow.

Thanks, I've been studying about the flasher relays etc. and just haven't pulled the trigger on an order yet. I've read you can't change out the side lights in front with LED's, but there was a guy on here working on that. Not sure if he got it sorted or not.
Yes you can. At least on my 2001. I have them all changed.

Reactions: mots
Yes you can. At least on my 2001. I have them all changed.
1548554591787.jpeg
Only one that I could get to work. Thanks to a member on this forum!

Reactions: KCsTJ
There is debate on whether they help as much as they say they. An Insurance company did a study once and concluded something like a 5% reduction in rear crashes with new cars after the mandate. It is typically thought to prevent slow speed collisions when drivers aren’t paying attention that are behind you. If you take off and suddenly brake, this is where it is supposed to help you the most. With all the phone nuts out there texting etc., I’ll take all the help I can get! Plus, it is considered safety equipment on a vehicle. In this day and age someone might sue you for removing it...after they rear end you. Something else to think about.
If you've ever been hit from behind you will want this mod.
Yesterday I ordered a brake light module that claims you can adjust the pulse or flash rate and number of flashes so it's not so "in your face" to other drivers.
Sorry i can't paste links with this fone but i ordered it from amazon its made by timers.shop. $19.95+shipping.
I surfed brake light pulse module and found it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snadler and mots
If you've ever been hit from behind you will want this mod.
Yesterday I ordered a brake light module that claims you can adjust the pulse or flash rate and number of flashes so it's not so "in your face" to other drivers.
Sorry i can't paste links with this fone but i ordered it from amazon its made by timers.shop. $19.95+shipping.
I surfed brake light pulse module and found it.

Cool, let me know how it works. Is this S1 model the one? (found their website)
http://timers.shop/Universal-Brake-Light-FlasherStrober--S1-model_p_20.html

P.S. or perhaps the M1 model? User configurable:
http://www.3rdbrakeflasher.com/brak...rake-light-flasherstrober-m1-model-p-181.html

And the manual: http://www.3rdbrakeflasher.com/documentation/Unv3rdBrakeFlasherM1.pdf

Last edited:
I never have a top on my LJ so I just mounted a trailer LED brake light to the roll bar between the sound pods. Look fine but not much of a solution with a top.

Agreed, I have some 63 Sprint pieces on mine so I can take advantage of how ridiculously cheap Mustang parts are. Nothing interesting really, just suspension and brake parts.

Reactions: Squatch
I will report back @mots u bet.

Unfortunately I was not able to check your links above (problem is on my end) I'll keep trying, but it sounds like the user configurable is the one I ordered.

BTW, do not get the GS-100A Strobe Controller. Its got short blinks and long blinks x4, it would make me nuts if i were behind that in rush hour traffic. Don't wanna make folks mad, just a 2 blink, then stay on for me. Mine will be subtle, not in ur face. :)

Reactions: mots
Stopping and watching in the rear-view hoping the guy behind me sees that i am stopped waiting to make a left on a 60MPH road. I live in a rural part of Florida with many two lane 60MPH roads that have lots of accidents.
Wouldn’t it be easier just to stop looking in the rear view?
I just cut mine off when I installed the moryde setup.

Nice. I'll be replacing the turning lamps and brakes/reverse w/LED's now... .Thought this was going to be more of a process, not hard at all!