Tom Wood's Facebook post (Eddie Oh from Wayalife is an asshole)

IPerkWVU

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I like that Tom Woods speaks his mind on stuff, even if it won't necessarily help his own business. From Facebook today:

This is Shawn Wood. You all seem to appreciate it when I speak my mind honestly about things so here is something that needs to be said.

Eddie Oh from Wayalife is an asshole. The off-road community would be better off without him.

Here’s what prompted me to talk about it now: I recently saw that he made a video about his Adams drive shafts being unbalanced and overpriced. Now let’s be clear, Adams is our biggest competitor I should be happy if someone leaves them a bad review. However, I know that they are an excellent company with an excellent reputation. Honesty and integrity are more important to me than sales numbers. It is my belief that a couple things were overlooked and misrepresented in his video. So, I commented. Mistake number 1, don’t comment on youtube videos. The Wayalife troll army was quick to attack. I’ll summarize the youtube discussion. I pointed out that he had modified one of the drive shafts after getting it which will cause vibrations. I also pointed out that his price comparisons were not accounting for the flanges and yokes that he got with his Adams drive shafts, extra parts add extra cost. Everyone then proceeded to call me an idiot.

Full disclosure, I have a reason to dislike Eddie. Years ago he started the “cheap Chinese junk” rumors about us when we declined to advertise on his forum. To this day he never misses an opportunity to slander our products. Perhaps more on that later.

My sense of morality is more upset than my business sense. Eddie has a history of slandering companies. Google “Eddie Oh Jeep”. Anyone who disagrees with him will be censored from his forums and will fall victim of coordinated attacks by him and his followers. You can’t bully your way through life like that. Eddie and his followers have been doing this for years. I won’t stand for it.

Off road companies, be careful who you work with. There are some people who will stab you in the back the first chance they get.

Off road community, please don’t be like Eddie, please don’t encourage him.

Eddie, find another hobby, quit ruining Jeeping.

I guess we (Rugged Ridge) were always on his good side. Eddie was a super nice guy the few times I got to chat with him at SEMA and other events.

Well I learned who to stay away from. Thumbs up for Shawn Wood. He’s a stand up guy from reading that post. Don’t know of anyone else who would stand up for their competition like he did for Adams drive shaft.

Last edited:
I came to the same conclusion recently while reading through the wayalife forum. To bad, the TJ how to pages he had put together years ago were extremely helpful.

What a impressive write up to say the least for someone to stand up for there competitor and hold true to there values.
Glad to see there are still good folks that have integrity left.
More the reason I only follow this forum if I can’t find what I’m looking for here I’ll figure it out myself.

Reactions: Chris
Tom Woods helped me with a problem on a part they did not sell me, and even sent me a replacement yoke to correct a vibration caused by a defect in another company's product. Wouldn't take any money, happy to help out a customer with a bad vibes. They made a fan out of me. Glad we have people like Shawn in the industry.

What someone is speaks so loud , we can't hear what they say they are.

I live about a mile from his shop, they have always treated me with respect with my ignorance on drivelines when I put the Atlas in the YJ, to the point of walking out to the parking lot to look at what I had going on with the tummy tuck. That alone has won my business on future jeep projects. Tim

I live about a mile from his shop, they have always treated me with respect with my ignorance on drivelines when I put the Atlas in the YJ, to the point of walking out to the parking lot to look at what I had going on with the tummy tuck. That alone has won my business on future jeep projects. Tim
His being whose?

Very respectable of Shawn Wood.

I've watched a couple of Wayalife videos. He does a good job producing his videos and they are sometimes enjoyable to watch. But you can see he wants to be the center of attention. Its all about him. He also promotes a lot of bad advice. It is in one of his videos where he is telling everyone that the proper way to measure tire height is with the full weight of the Jeep on the tires. So, you know, when your aired down in a loaded Jeep and your 35s only measure 33" its all the fault of the tire company. Ahh, no. Tires are measured at full pressure unmounted. Its the only way to get a consistent measurement. But thank you Eddie for distributing false information so we all have something to argue about.

With all due respect to Eddie Oh, which is pretty much none, the thread I saw on Wayalife asked people to measure to the shoulder of their tire when at 30 psi with the tire mounted and on the ground. I think he was trying for "consistent" data by using the same parameters each time in an attempt to make some real world comparison to published tire sizes.

It looked like a complete waste of time to me, especially since Eddie seemed oblivious to the fact that the weight on the axle and the tire's load rating impacted the measurement he was seeking. As usual, Eddie has deleted all of the posts critical of his methodology, but you can still find traces of them in quoted text here and there.

Last edited: