Tom Wood's Facebook post (Eddie Oh from Wayalife is an asshole)

Don’t want to get flamed or anything. I’m not sure where I stand on this whole thing. There seems to be some miscommunication and selective memories or jumping to conclusions on both sides...So I won’t comment on it.

Eddie is a master at marketing himself and his forum and it shows. Not sure what if anything, he does for an actual living besides the web stuff, but I’m sure the internet pays well. It’s his world and his business on how he runs it. Don’t necessarily agree with some of the antics we hear about with regards to how he treats companies and such. If true.

I will say that I just spent 2 days in his company last week when they wheeled my area. Didn’t know how he was going to come off. I figured he’d come off as an asshole in person due to all the negativity you hear about. But that wasn’t the case. He seemed to be somewhat decent and easy to get along with. Granted, it was only 2 days and I was guiding a bunch of different people that were there for the JL JT Experience so maybe if it were longer I’d see some other personality traits that were negative, but whenever I interacted with him or his wife, they were decent people.
Good people do bad things, bad people do good things, neither situation defines who they really are.

I could likely make a few bucks here and there if I had the personality that allowed me to monetize what I know about how to build stuff. I just can't find it within me to do so. Takes all sorts I guess.
Mr Blaine,
I think there would be a great deal of us that would follow you on a YouTube like platform giving all of your knowledge. As far as your personality, me, being from Indiana, there happens to be a guy that used to be here by the name of Bobby Knight. I wouldn't say that coach Knight had the personality to be a teacher either, but that didn't really matter because of his knowledge and skills, he excelled in coaching. (and chair throwing)
I actually think that when it comes to skills and learning something, really personality has very little to do with it. So anyway, I think it would be nice for you to share some of your knowledge in a video style platform, just saying..🤪😜

Eddie has been a d-bag for years. I think it began when he started jk-forum. You could not mention products that were not sponsored with out getting banned. Then he started censoring vendors names where if they were mentioned it would star it out like curse words. Poly Performance would just show **** *********. This caused the owner of pirate 4x4 to start jkowners. Non sponsoring vendors could not even get on the site with out being banned to defend themselves. I believe Eddie made a lot of money when he sold jk-forum, and then started his way of life forum and a bigger d-bag now than he was before.

I've watched a lot lot of the Eddie YouTube videos. For anyone who's DIY you watch them and realize how much money you don't have. I would love to buy a JT and put coilovers on it. But that's just not reasonable. It's like any other car TV show where nothing they do can be done by the average Joe.

That being said, I stumbled across this newish channel and really like it. It's TJ focused too!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzFGOb1HbLsNzasqTxMQ2Pw

Never heard of this guy before today; guess that goes to show how much difference he's made.

Same. In my case, I'm sure it's because I've always stuck with OEM style parts and never been into hard core off-roading even though I've owned several TJs, XJs and Grands through the years. So, these specialty vendors don't mean a lot to me other than expensive beefed up parts that I don't need.