tomtaylz 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

If you call Will @Metal Cloak, I bet he would bring a full set of control arms for you to pick up at Skillz Day. I bought a set of lowers last Skillz Day and picked them up at the event. Just saying.

Lots of driving to Yosemite and back this weekend. Hit 30k miles, and although the picture is not great went topless and just drove around Yosemite valley at night taking it all in and seeing the stars, it was awesome.

29486105-B8DC-4C97-BE0C-26DC15881D69.jpeg
513B9231-DD53-4551-9C42-85F28BBF45DD.jpeg

Main reason for going out there was doing clouds rest with a small group, so I woke up at 3am, drove the 5-ish hours to Yosemite, and then hiked the ~14 mile 3000 elevation gain trail. Luckily a bunch of friends had a cabin out there I stayed at. Here’s me looking out from the top, incredible 360 views.

8B27675B-48E0-41D5-81CB-A62378B16D1A.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh boy, I'm drooling!

Love that gray hardtop. I'd park next to that!

Reactions: tomtaylz
The color and look has grown on me a ton, it probably has moved a possible color change into one of the last things I do, probably a couple of years from now.

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if you stick with the color. When I look at the lines of the TJ/LJ from the side, and your picture is a good one to do this experiment on, I say, "Boy, why didn't they half door and hi-line it from the factory." It would put the lines in perfect harmony and look so good. Just imagine if your Rubicon decal was moved up and the line was directly beneath it running straight all the way to the back. I may have to do that someday.

The nice thing about doing a repaint down the road is you won't have to worry about a few tree stripes that may happen soon. I like the current setup!