Tonopah's 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Tonopah

Supporting Member
Picture
IMG_1124.jpg
of my 2005 LJ just recently purchased. This was a two owner vehicle with 145K on it and mostly stock when I bought it here in Arizona.

BDS 3 inch lift, 33 in tires, 4.88 Yukon gearing (automatic), new radiator, new hoses and belts everywhere, OPDA replaced, chromoly axels, front and rear trussed. Thinking about replacing front and rear bumpers, adding rock rails, and replacing front lamps with LEDs.

Nice LJ, and it seems like your going in a good direction! Still a lot of life left in it, I got my TJ with 148k on the clock. You'll probably need to play catch up on tuning some things up but don't we all.

I would love to see/hear more on those seats! Absolutely love them.

The guy I bought the LJ from is responsible for the seats. My son-in-law (who did the mods on the LJ) sneers at them ("too old guy southwest") and thinks I ought to replace them with Bartact — but I've grown to like them and they'll stay. I'm and old guy anyway, after all. I'll see if I can contact the prior owner and find out where he got them and then post back.

The guy I bought the LJ from is responsible for the seats. My son-in-law (who did the mods on the LJ) sneers at them ("too old guy southwest") and thinks I ought to replace them with Bartact — but I've grown to like them and they'll stay. I'm and old guy anyway, after all. I'll see if I can contact the prior owner and find out where he got them and then post back.
I say keep them for sure, they look custom. Never seen SW Navajo type seats like that in a TJ before. Many people have Bartact seat covers, your probably the only one with these.

Reactions: Starrs
They sure did a good job on the seats!

I would love to know more about the seats. I just got a 2005 TJ with139,000 miles on it and I’m loving it. It’s black all around and some seat covers like yours would add some color in addition to bringing reminder of where my head is.

I'm digging your seats too....I'd swap out the bumpers like you said though, losing the milk jugs is a quick and easy fix to start with.

The house is the back is something I'm falling in love with as well...love that Mexican/Sante Fe look.