Tons of JK's in my area and TJs seem to be few

gg1

TJ Enthusiast
I was wondering if your area is the same as here in Pittsburgh. I see JKs everywhere to the point they are a very popular car. I don't see a lot of TJs however. I find it kind of odd, but maybe the TJs just rusted out too much to keep? Yeah they are old at 12 years and older, but jeez. I will say JKs are so popular it is crazy.

Is it like this everywhere?

It’s the same here. And tell me this, about how many JKUs do you see for every JK?

A little further south it's about 50/50 but the closer you get to the city, the JK reign.

I've always heard that PA was the heart of the rust belt so that may explain the limited TJ's.

I’d be willing to bet that one day they’ll cease production of the 2-door model.

And yes its the same all the way over here too...I'll see 30-40 JK's to 1 TJ.

I’d be willing to bet that one day they’ll cease production of the 2-door model.

Geez, I hope not. I have no interest in the four door at all. I see a ton of two doors here, so not sure if you are correct, but one never knows I guess.

I don't care for the JK much. I don't know what it is exactly. Maybe the front fenders that seem so cheap and other such things. They are so big as well. Just look more SUV like, but what can you do? Bigger is better in the USA.

Reactions: Chris
And yes its the same all the way over here too...I'll see 30-40 JK's to 1 TJ.

I am thinking 30 to 1 around here. I stopped looking for TJs. On the bright side, mine is in very good condition and probably will never see any salt on the roads. lol I am spraying Fluid Film all over it, so even the rain shouldn't get to my TJ. Hope I have it for many years, but time will tell. Guess we will have antiques the way things are going.

@Chris Portland is the same. Soooooooooooo many JKUs and I'm starting to see JLs. Very little 2 doors. The ratio of 4 door to 2 door I see is like 20:1.

At least 10 to 1 around here, if not higher, of JKU to JK. Starting to see JLUs, but have yet to see a JL, either on the road or on a lot.
Out here its about 50 JKU's to 1 JK......No JLU's in the country till end of the year or early January according to the dealers. (JL's mid 2019)

No different than any other vehicle. The TJ is going on 13 years out of production. How many people keep their vehicles that long?

No different than any other vehicle. The TJ is going on 13 years out of production. How many people keep their vehicles that long?

I am amazed people get rid of cars in 10y. Good for used car shoppers I suppose. I still have my other car, a Mazda Protege from 1999. I plan to keep that one along with the TJ as long as I can.

My close friend wanted to drive my TJ when we went for lunch, so we swapped cars. I drove his Mazda CX-5 (2018 model). I was so disconnected from the road it was very disconcerting for a while when I was driving, never really got used to it. There were like a million buttons on the dash and the steering wheel. The car kept beeping at me every time I tried to change lanes (blind spot and/or proximity sensor). The seats were firm and plush and about the only thing I liked. It is so easy to zone out driving one of these type of SUVs, which is why I suppose it has lane assist and semi-self driving and other stuff. I am still single, but I truly shudder at the thought of buying a future SUV if get married and needs change. I think this part of the reason why the JKUs are popular. I need to find someone that has a JKU and drive one ...

At least 10 to 1 around here, if not higher, of JKU to JK. Starting to see JLUs, but have yet to see a JL, either on the road or on a lot.

I have yet to see a single JL, but I've seen a number of JLUs. Just goes to show people aren't buying the 2-door models. Well, not the majority at least.

@Chris Portland is the same. Soooooooooooo many JKUs and I'm starting to see JLs. Very little 2 doors. The ratio of 4 door to 2 door I see is like 20:1.

Same down here in Salem too. I see a JKU almost every block, but I very rarely see 2-doors.