Too good to be true?

@Squatch this is the biggest scam in Craigslist history haha. This listing has been in Alamba, Georgia, Tennessee, FL, my hometown in IN LOL, it’s evefywhere! It’s not real...and I can’t believe it’s still floating around. There was a thread about it on this forum already about a week back. Sorry to burst the bubble haha.

@Squatch this is the biggest scam in Craigslist history haha. This listing has been in Alamba, Georgia, Tennessee, FL, my hometown in IN LOL, it’s evefywhere! It’s not real...and I can’t believe it’s still floating around. There was a thread about it on this forum already about a week back. Sorry to burst the bubble haha.
Nice! I wonder what exactly happens with this kind of stuff? I mean, are they looking for someone to wire them the money beforehand, or something? Guess I just don't have a scammer's mind, 'cause I just don't get it...

I buy a lot of stuff off of Craigslist so for people who don't I'll point out the things that let you know something is a scam.
Short description
One picture
Landscape doesn't match the area. Is there anywhere in the PNW where you can get a pic without at least a hill in the background ;) I would guess this pic was taken somewhere in the Midwest by how flat it is.
No contact phone number
Odd price and way under priced. Seriously have you ever seen anything priced at xx,x02?
Some have a number to text and when they text you back they want you to then email them back.
If they do have a number and you get a google voice recording.
If you have something for sale they text you back asking about the item using your exact title ie "do you have the 2002 jeep wrangler in excellent shape" still for sale.
Have not seen these in awhile but the "I'm in the military and can not use a phone" one or "is the item as described, I will pay you the listed amount and have my shipper pick it up."
Sure there are a couple I'm forgetting but I see people falling for what I can tell is an obvious scam all the time.

Who actually falls for these scams anyway? I mean come on, if I can't go see it in person, then no deal!
I've had people try to scam me on CL several times when I sold a boat. If you don't come to me, no deal!
I had "someone" claiming to be a "woman" working offshore wanting to buy my boat sight unseen for her son but couldn't come to get it so she would send the check.........yada yada...bullshit! I mean who falls for this shit?

Reactions: Starrs
Who actually falls for these scams anyway? I mean come on, if I can't go see it in person, then no deal!
I've had people try to scam me on CL several times when I sold a boat. If you don't come to me, no deal!
I had "someone" claiming to be a "woman" working offshore wanting to buy my boat sight unseen for her son but couldn't come to get it so she would send the check.........yada yada...bullshit! I mean who falls for this shit?
Idiotic scammers don't get tired of trying, apparently. Someone must take the bait eventually. They're not actually trying to sell anything, just get contact information.

Reactions: egclassic
I don't mean to sound pretentious, but when it comes to my money, ALL my guards are up!
If I even have the slightest feeling something ain't right, I run!
I won't buy from questionable websites, don't give out any personal information online or over the phone either.
These scams are not new and they are everywhere, I would just think that most people have heard of them by now.

Reactions: KCsTJ and Bird
Well, there are still enough of 'em out there. There's a white Toyota Tacoma (2012, 4-door) for like $2,500, or something. A silver one, too. Whatever. Anyway, I just thought it was interesting to see an LJ be the subject matter. Wonder who actually does own it? That would piss me off to constantly be seeing my rig for sale! :rolleyes:

When I was younger, my little brother pissed me off one weekend. So, in order to get revenge, I took a picture of his beloved Chevy 2500. And put it on Craig’s List. At the time, it was worth an easy $15k. I had it marked at $5k. And the ad said I was going thru a divorce and I needed to get rid of the truck ASAP.

And the bottom of the ad, I put his phone number, and because of working hours all calls had to be after 11pm.

He was bombarded with calls for the last couple days, having no idea why.

It was great :)

This is a scam. Saw it on the San Luis Obispo CL a few weeks ago. Reached out to poster and they gave me some horse pucky story about being in the hospital and how her husband passed and she just needed to sell the jeep. Jeep would be shipped from Ebay.....blah, blah blah! Some poor sucker will fall for this and get burned. CL should remove this add and ban the poster.

Fonz54

Reactions: Squatch
IMG_0054.PNG
I noticed your posting was flagged, but I think the same one popped up here in NC.