Tool quantities

P

P man

One of everything or multiples? I'm trying to thin out my tools so I can be more organized and get down to one tool box.

Will I regret having 1 of everything? It seems like I always use the same ratchet, screw driver etc all the time anyways.

I'm a hack mechanic not a production shop

Reactions: lBasket
One of everything or multiples? I'm trying to thin out my tools so I can be more organized and get down to one tool box.

Will I regret having 1 of everything? It seems like I always use the same ratchet, screw driver etc all the time anyways.

The only thing I can ever remember being mad I only had 1 of is sockets. Sometimes you need something on both ends of a bolt/nut

I have multiples, but singles in specific locations...Like I have a set of tools in the workshop, one in the garage, one in the motorhome, one in the jeep, etc....

Reactions: P man

I have multiples of just about everything, but I am the same way, tend to use the same tools over and over. I also have a smaller box for wheeling trips that I toss in the Jeep. Started accumulating tools in my teens and then inherited my dads when he passed. So I have plenty of overlap.

I only have one conical pitman arm puller. Haven't found a reason to get a spare.

But how many of the 2 jaw autozone ones did you break before you got smart? I was up to 2 or 3 and then went conical and won't ever go back.

But how many of the 2 jaw autozone ones did you break before you got smart? I was up to 2 or 3 and then went conical and won't ever go back.

I have rented and returned at least two broken ones! 🤣

• Haha

Multiples of tools that I want to keep in my trailside repair tool roll. I still have some stuff that I need a second tool so I don't have to load the roll before I go out.

Reactions: P man and lBasket
Multiples of tools that I want to keep in my trailside repair tool roll. I still have some stuff that I need a second tool so I don't have to load the roll before I go out.

I was on this path for a while, now I'm trying to setup my jeep box in such a way that it's easy enough to get into it can just be my main go-to so I don't have to keep repacking

Reactions: RMETeeJay
The only multiples I have I think are screwdrivers, I am not sure how I keep acquiring them. Otherwise I've been trying to buy the better brands and keep only only those.