Tool "The Pot" Best Song Ever

Actually just discovered TOOL for the first time about a month or two ago. "The Pot" is already in top 5 of my favorite song at least. Love how unpredictable and unboring they are.

• Love
Reactions: matkal and RINC
200.gif

200.gif

I went through a tool and APC phase from about 2000-2005 or so. Haven't listened to them much since but it's good stuff.

Reactions: RINC
It sounds a lot more metal in German than it would've sounded in French, which is the language I went for.
That it does.

I wasn't that good at German, but I could understand the song title, and then the first time I heard it and he kept repeating "und keine Eier!" and toward the end I caught him talking about putting it in the oven and "fumftzen minuten backen" (bake for 15 minutes) I was like "wut" and looked up the lyrics so I could translate at my own pace. I had a thorough chuckle. Keenan has fully mastered the art of trolling. I can only imagine how many suburban moms had a full on meltdown hearing a recipe and thinking their kid had joined the occult.

Not sure how you can only pick one, every song is it's own experience...but if were to pick...I can't, they are all just awesome. I've seen them 3 times and not one show has disappointed.
If you have the time, this breaks down quite a bit of how Tool creates a complex song and how each is a "TOOL" for the listener to interpret. Pretty neat if you are a fan.

Reactions: matkal and RINC