Top Gear: Hummer

JP13

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
The model Arnold bought would be great to own, but the other models are pointless. Your thoughts?

My Uncle Sam let me use and abuse dozens of H1’s over a fun six year period. The H1 is a serious go anywhere do anything machine but the up keep and cost is through the roof. I would hate to have paid out of my pocket for all the maintenance but I guess some of mine and your tax dollars paid for it. Sorry about that. The H2 and H3 are a sad shadow of the H1.

Reactions: JP13
I used an H1 during my entire stint in the Army. Those things are rugged and durable as hell.

The H2 and H3 are a joke. An ex of mine had an H3 and I got to drive it all over. That thing was just garbage and then some.

I used an H1 during my entire stint in the Army. Those things are rugged and durable as hell.

The H2 and H3 are a joke. An ex of mine had an H3 and I got to drive it all over. That thing was just garbage and then some.

Some good friends of ours had an H3. They have just traded it in for a new JKU. Taking them next weekend for their first trail ride.

Reactions: JP13 and Chris
Some good friends of ours had an H3. They have just traded it in for a new JKU. Taking them next weekend for their first trail ride.

I'm sure that JKU will do much better on the trail than an H3!

The
I'm sure that JKU will do much better on the trail than an H3!
The H3 is built off the Colorado. I had an '09 Colorado and it was a good little truck but would never dream of taking through any real off road challenges. My buddy bought the JKU for his wife's mall crawler but I showed them some pics from a few trail rides and she now wants to use the JKU for what it was designed for. Going to go slow and just do a few creek crossings and maybe some small waterfall climbs. She will be hooked after that. Then my buddy will have to buy more upgrades for it.

The

The H3 is built off the Colorado. I had an '09 Colorado and it was a good little truck but would never dream of taking through any real off road challenges. My buddy bought the JKU for his wife's mall crawler but I showed them some pics from a few trail rides and she now wants to use the JKU for what it was designed for. Going to go slow and just do a few creek crossings and maybe some small waterfall climbs. She will be hooked after that. Then my buddy will have to buy more upgrades for it.

Yep, they better get ready to empty their pockets!

Cool bit of info on the H3. I had no idea it was built off the Colorado platform. Is the H2 the same platform I assume?

The H3 is built off the Colorado. I had an '09 Colorado and it was a good little truck but would never dream of taking through any real off road challenges.

I'm not sure how many of you saw them because we tend to have a skewed view of what's actually on the roads here in Detroit but I actually liked the looks of the H3 Truck. I'm with @JP98 in that it's not intended to be a serious off-roading platform but the lines worked for me. There are a few of these around my neck of the woods.

2010_hummer_h3t_crew-cab-pickup_alpha_rq_oem_2_500.jpg

hummer-h3t-gains-pickup-truck-of-the-year-award-2491_1.jpg

I'm not sure how many of you saw them because we tend to have a skewed view of what's actually on the roads here in Detroit but I actually liked the looks of the H3 Truck. I'm with @JP98 in that it's not intended to be a serious off-roading platform but the lines worked for me. There are a few of these around my neck of the woods.

View attachment 9518

View attachment 9519

I've never actually seen the truck version in person. That doesn't look so bad!

View attachment 9518

View attachment 9519

Fun how that bottom one looks a lot like my Colorado.
Colorado lift & tires.jpg

Reactions: VirtualRussel
And don't forget all the rappers and hip hop artists who made the H2 and H3 even more ugly than it already was.

Reactions: JP98