Top Mount Hawse Fairlead

NOTNSUV

NOW I Know!
Supporting Member
Anyone know of a top mount Hawse fairlead? My Currie bumper has no provision (hole) to accommodate a winch fairlead or rope. The current roller is mounted on top of the bumper surface, as is the Warn PowerPlant. Would like to convert to synthetic line. I've been cruising the interweb with no results other than this possiblility. I suppose I could fab something up.. if I was a fabber. Or has one of you engineering geniuses already come up with something?

Thanks.

Can you post a photo of how your roller fairlead is mounted? The roller fairleads I've installed all bolted to the same holes this will fit too. https://www.tacticalrecoveryequipment.com/product/safety-thimble-fairlead/

The hook or Safety Thimble sits on top of that design like this...

IMAG1881.jpg

• Love
Reactions: RINC
All TJ winches are mounted on top of the bumper (except for some highly modified TJs) due to the crosstube which prevents running the winch below the plane of the to of the frame rail like a JK can.
Well I'll be hornswaglled.. I learned 2 things today.

Thanks.

Reactions: jjvw and L J
TRE still the go to? Prefer to support those who support us.
Looking at 100' of 3/8" for the PowerPlant.
I posted this in the Black Friday thread:
TRE is no longer a favorite in my book. Not because of the product but because of they way they did Garza. Additionally, I've already got the parts I needed that were designed and developed by mrblaine. I'd just treat them like any other supplier (cost/value).

Reactions: Apparition
Reactions: jjvw and L J
I posted this in the Black Friday thread:
Yeah, I saw that but didn't want to refer to it. So who's the go-to now that TRE is on the shitlist?
I haven't done business with TRE before so have no dog in the fight. Do they still have a good value product?

Yeah, I saw that but didn't want to refer to it. So who's the go-to now that TRE is on the shitlist?
I haven't done business with TRE before so have no dog in the fight. Do they still have a good value product?
I haven't shopped winch rope as my Warn came with synthetic from the factory. Also, I'm not saying they don't have a good product. I just will no longer suggest them even though I have several TRE products because they were designed by mrblaine.

Reactions: RINC and jjvw