Torque Pro app

StG58

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
So, Blue's OBD2 bluetooth adapter arrived, and Torque Pro is installed on the navigation tablet. Everything is paired and running. No codes.

Now what? What else will this do, and how do you use it on your TJ? What's your setup? GPS or no GPS? Do you do data logging? Tool or toy?

Inquiring minds, etc, etc...

See what sensors are available and which style gauge is best to display the data. Some gauges, like the O2 sensors, need to have there hi/low values adjusted to be useful.

Live mileage
Average mpg
Engine load
Engine temp
Intake temp
Speed at the PCM (compare that to the instrument cluster)
GPS speed
Speed variance between PCM and GPS
RPM
GPS altitude
Open loop/closed loop
0-60 time
Fuel trim
Injector flow
O2 sensors

Reactions: StG58
See what sensors are available and which style gauge is best to display the data. Some gauges, like the O2 sensors, need to have there hi/low values adjusted to be useful.

Live mileage
Average mpg
Engine load
Engine temp
Intake temp
Speed at the PCM (compare that to the instrument cluster)
GPS speed
Speed variance between PCM and GPS
RPM
GPS altitude
Open loop/closed loop
0-60 time
Fuel trim
Injector flow
O2 sensors
Wow, OK, lots to learn here then. COOL!

Are the app help files useful, or is there a better place / way to get up to speed?

I don't recall. Mine has been setup for several years now. I just read a bunch and tried a bunch.

Reactions: StG58
I have the Torque app and it was working for 3 months. Then it stop connecting to my bluetooth on my phone. So I down loaded on a second old phone and it works. Does anyone have the problem connecting to their torque app? Also this is torque pro.
I Google search a help page and it's some stupid wikipedia help page with no help line or contact info.
How do I get app to reconnect to my cell phone.?

I used 3 readers and it stop working on all three readers. I did a google search and it seems a lot people have the same problem where the app stop connecting to the bluetooth reader. But not no solutions.

Last edited:
Bringing this one back to life. I bought the torque app and a vgate iCar Pro reader to troubleshoot a code on my wifes car a few months ago. As long as everything works she doesnt have an interest in monitoring anything. So I took it and installed in my jeep. First few days I just played around with the live data which defaulted to throttle input, coolant temp, speed and revs. After a while I started to explore a bit more and this can capture a ton of data and information. Quite useful actually. You can even get a plug in that monitors fuel detonation. I am now monitoring fuel rate, mpg, throttle (vacuum), coolant, speed, fuel pressure and oil temp., DTE, and revs. I can tell that I am heavy on the foot and I dont need as much throttle input as I think. Its a great way to tell if something isn't quite right and you can follow long-term fuel consumption. The fact that it is all bluetooth and read from the PCM means it doesnt use data.

It's been a while since I've used torque for anything other than checking codes. Do you still need to pull up additional parameters based on vehicle make? I remember having to do that with my bonneville.

Anyone get the fuel economy stuff to work accurately? I seem to recall it wanting you to input vehicle weight etc.

It's been a while since I've used torque for anything other than checking codes. Do you still need to pull up additional parameters based on vehicle make? I remember having to do that with my bonneville.

Anyone get the fuel economy stuff to work accurately? I seem to recall it wanting you to input vehicle weight etc.

For the 6-7 years I've used it, it just has you create a vehicle profile which includes some specific details for the make/model. This is only entered once.

I never got the gas mileage estimation to be accurate enough to be useful. It's all a calculation and an estimate, but I think since Torque can't read the fuel tank level, it can never really know what is happening.

Though, I will say that the live MPG gauge is helpful for teaching yourself to drive efficiently.

You would think it could use injector pulses and fuel pressure to calculate it with miles traveled.

I found a checkbox under vehicle info to add advanced parameters. I added .55 for drag coefficient and a couple other things. I think I brought down the VE too. Maybe that will get it closer to being accurate. I'll have to try it out.

I also downloaded the fuel economy plugin right now but I'm in the truck today and I don't have my OBDII adapter with me to try it out.

EDIT: fuel economy plugin seems to crash constantly.

Last edited: