Torx bit set for impacts?

FishinSam

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Any suggestions? I've broken a T-40 & T-55 that my Father gave me. Yes, they were Snap-On but were used. Most of the other Snap-On are 30 years old and still kicking but the Torx didn't seem to cut it.
What works best in your opinion?

Any suggestions? I've broken a T-40 & T-55 that my Father gave me. Yes, they were Snap-On but were used. Most of the other Snap-On are 30 years old and still kicking but the Torx didn't seem to cut it.

Doesn't Snap On have a lifetime warranty?

Nothing is going to be significantly stronger than Snap-On. Mac or any high end will work if it's closer but I wouldn't expect it to be better, just a shorter trip to replace a broken tool. If you are breaking those bits you need to take another approach, heat or chemical. What you are doing is probably just outside the limits of tool grade steel, it happens.

Reactions: FishinSam

HF has an impact torx set that's really not to bad and I don't mind breaking them since replacements are free.

HF has an impact torx set that's really not to bad and I don't mind breaking them since replacements are free.

Other than the T55 which I had to get elsewhere my standard HF set is still going strong. Maybe the sets are different now but going on 15 years of hobby use it's still fine. The T55 is KTool and it has some twist but still is sharp. I'd still take Snap-On in a heartbeat over what I've got.

Reactions: TJ4Jim
Other than the T55 which I had to get elsewhere my standard HF set is still going strong. Maybe the sets are different now but going on 15 years of hobby use it's still fine. The T55 is KTool and it has some twist but still is sharp. I'd still take Snap-On in a heartbeat over what I've got.

Funny that my T-55 K tool has a twist too and didn't snap.

Reactions: pagrey

I have doubles of most used snap-on torx bits. We had front panels on yard tractors held on with 30 t45 bolts. I found the best way was to crack all of them loose with a ratchet then take out with the impact. That way was much easier on the bits.

Torx bits are disposable imho. Even if they don’t break the star points will deform with use.

Best to have two sets at all times and buy them whenever you find them cheap.