Towing across country

reblhoss

So my pretty girl is going to be towed behind my husbands truck in the next month and we are looking for suggestions. We need a new bumper with D-ring mounts for our '97 and a towing bar to flat tow. Anyone have experience with this? Or know of any good bumpers or tow bars?

So my pretty girl is going to be towed behind my husbands truck in the next month and we are looking for suggestions. We need a new bumper with D-ring mounts for our '97 and a towing bar to flat tow. Anyone have experience with this? Or know of any good bumpers or tow bars?

What's the budget? Are you trying to keep it as cheap as possible or do you want something a little fancier / nicer for the long term?

If I was to suggest a bumper I would suggest Savvy only because I like the fact that they make lightweight aluminum bumpers.

I mean one guy tried to sell my husband a set for like $1,800 and that was just RIDICULOUS to us.. we will probably only tow a few times but for long distances.. I would like a decent bumper to last a long time, if it has a winch mount too that's be awesome.

I mean one guy tried to sell my husband a set for like $1,800 and that was just RIDICULOUS to us.. we will probably only tow a few times but for long distances.. I would like a decent bumper to last a long time, if it has a winch mount too that's be awesome.

As far as front bumpers go I have this one personally and really, really like it:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IS93BCE/?tag=wranglerorg-20

It's got D-ring hooks and a built in winch mount as well.

Here's some photos of it on my rig:
http://wranglertjforum.com/threads/my-2005-rubicon-tj.101/#post-1138

As far as tow bars go I've read a lot of good things about this tow bar from various people. Check out the reviews for yourself and you'll see what I mean:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JLHZG2/?tag=wranglerorg-20

That bumper looks really nice! I will definitely keep that in mind :)
Thanks for helping me out with some ideas!

Reactions: Chris
That bumper looks really nice! I will definitely keep that in mind :)
Thanks for helping me out with some ideas!

No problem! I really like that bumper. It looks really good ok the vehicle and it's got a light bar mount built in to it as well as the winch mounting plate and d-rings.

Rock Hard 4x4 front bumper has tow points. I tow my TJ behind my motor home.

Android Phone Photos 004.jpg

Thanks so much for responding guys! A friend of ours in Arizona wants to help us out and build us a new front and rear bumper so we are going to custom build!

Thanks so much for responding guys! A friend of ours in Arizona wants to help us out and build us a new front and rear bumper so we are going to custom build!

Nice! Post some photos of that when it's done.

Very cool! I lived in Scottsdale, Chandler and Gilbert for a number of years.
My husband and I lived in Mesa/Gilbert for a while and then we moved to South Carolina for a bit and now we are headed back home!

Oh yeah it's really cheap! We live in a two story out in Moncks corner for less than a single story out in Gilbert

Yeah we were looking at houses on Zillow in NC and I was shocked at how cheap it was!

Yeah we were looking at houses on Zillow in NC and I was shocked at how cheap it was!
Yeah once you get into the south east it's pretty cheap! We have more square footage than we'd ever get in Arizona for the same price. The only downside is South Carolina doesn't have a lot of mountains and we miss that.. But cost of living is extremely low :)

Yeah once you get into the south east it's pretty cheap! We have more square footage than we'd ever get in Arizona for the same price. The only downside is South Carolina doesn't have a lot of mountains and we miss that.. But cost of living is extremely low :)

I know... How is the weather there in the Summer? Unbearably hot and humid?