Toyo Open Country A/T II

Tom D

I just bought a 2006 TJ at a used jeep store. I want to change the goodyear MTs to a AT type, since I have a long drive to the Jeep rally's. The dealer is offering me 5 Toyo P265/70R17 tires for 750, less a 200 credit for the MTs, or 550 net.
It seems like a good deal, but I am not familiar with these tires. The Jeep does have a 2" spacer lift on the springs.
Any comments would be appreciated.
Tom

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
I've not run the A/T II's but the old style I ran two sets on my avalanche. They were a pretty good tire. Good tread life and good wet and snow traction. Didn't really get them in the mud, but for a couple times so can't really comment on that. I can say I never got stuck. Its a good A/T tire, especially for the price

I just bought a 2006 TJ at a used jeep store. I want to change the goodyear MTs to a AT type, since I have a long drive to the Jeep rally's. The dealer is offering me 5 Toyo P265/70R17 tires for 750, less a 200 credit for the MTs, or 550 net.
It seems like a good deal, but I am not familiar with these tires. The Jeep does have a 2" spacer lift on the springs.
Any comments would be appreciated.
Tom
I'd open a line of credit with that dealer in a heartbeat for another set of tires.

How old are the goodyears mts? If new or close to new then they are very expensive tires. Personally i would take the deal for the driving that I do and for the fact that I could change tires once (convenience factor). but if money is a concern then you may be able to sell them on your own for more and buy a different set of ATs or MTs that you find more appealing (and cheaper).

How old are the goodyears mts? If new or close to new then they are very expensive tires. Personally i would take the deal for the driving that I do and for the fact that I could change tires once (convenience factor). but if money is a concern then you may be able to sell them on your own for more and buy a different set of ATs or MTs that you find more appealing (and cheaper).
The MTs are probably about 50%. I know they are expenseive, I bought a set for my last jeep, but now I am in FL, and just don't need them.
I know it is a good deal, but I was just not familiar with Toyo. All the research I can find sounds like they are OK. I am going to go ahead with the deal.
Thanks all.