Toyota lights on your TJ! Cheap, quality LED alternative

Was also gonna ask. I was coming up with $70 w/ shipping were I found them. @ExitLeft?

Closest dealership is about a hour away. I guess I could call and order then pickup next time I'm over that way. Never bought from a dealership before though.
I did a quick search online and found this place to be the cheapest at only $40.14 and shipping to me in the Philly area was only $16.10.
I know nothing about them, but they seemed legit so I ordered.
It's a Toyota dealer in Georgia.
https://onlineparts.toyotasouthatlanta.com/p/HEADLAMP-ASSEMBLY/72018210/8111060P70.html

Found this. The pic is way off but the part number is correct. Is it fairly safe to assume this is the correct package?

Screenshot_20210709-215802_Chrome.jpg

I did a quick search online and found this place to be the cheapest at only $40.14 and shipping to me in the Philly area was only $16.10.
I know nothing about them, but they seemed legit so I ordered.
It's a Toyota dealer in Georgia.
https://onlineparts.toyotasouthatlanta.com/p/HEADLAMP-ASSEMBLY/72018210/8111060P70.html

Found this. The pic is way off but the part number is correct. Is it fairly safe to assume this is the correct package?

View attachment 264383
That is what mine said and looked like when I ordered it. As long as the part number matches you should be good.

Reactions: TJ Starting
So did some testing and comparing tonight after installing the harness.

The harness seems like good quality. There is a dedicated ground running from each h4 socket to the battery. Most budget h4 harnesses tie into the ground near the headlight.

They give you plenty of wire to run this harness. I ended up looping a lot of the excess. Comparing the stock Wagner's, hella e codes and these koitos. All with stock 60/55w bulbs. My crappy cell phone pics don't show the whole story but the koitos definitely cast a little wider pattern than the hella's. The stock wagners pattern is ok but they are pretty dim compared to both the hella and the koito.

I need to adjust the headlights a little better after the swap but I am happy with koito lights. The pattern photos in the linked ih8mud are much better but I am working with an older phone that doesn't take good night time photos.

20210709_232214.jpg

20210709_232139.jpg

20210709_232202.jpg

Last edited:
First pic is high beam Wagner, then low beam wagner.
Third pic is low beam hella then high beam hella.
Fifth pic is low beam koito and high beam koito. You can see the koito is just a little wider pattern and seems to reach a little further especially on the high beam.

20210709_222015.jpg

20210709_222011.jpg

20210709_223010.jpg

20210709_223002.jpg

20210709_224113.jpg

20210709_224125.jpg

That is what mine said and looked like when I ordered it. As long as the part number matches you should be good.
Alright thanks, got them ordered! Not from the sight I posted the pic from though. Their shipping was crazy high. Anything will be better then the really cheap amazon leds that came on my TJ, have really no pattern at all and I could do a better job holding one of my flashlights out the window.

FYI I must have ordered the last one from my dealer locally as their site says no longer available now. Picked up a spare set from another dealer for $58 shipped.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blondie70
I agree with the OP that LED’s just look “off” on a TJ.
It's not how they look, but rather how you see, that matters. After having my DD with factory LEDs along with the amount of vehicles running LEDs, even the best halogens fall short of the mark. I went from horrible OEM Wagners to Cibies with Osram halogen bulbs to Cibies with Beamtech LED bulbs. The latest set-up is the best by far.

It's not how they look, but rather how you see, that matters. After having my DD with factory LEDs along with the amount of vehicles running LEDs, even the best halogens fall short of the mark. I went from horrible OEM Wagners to Cibies with Osram halogen bulbs to Cibies with Beamtech LED bulbs. The latest set-up is the best by far.
So, the beamtechs are designed to run in a reflective type housing? I've looked off and on into LED replacement bulbs, but since LEDs is directional they don't really work in housings designed for incandescent (which emit the same amount of light in all directions).

Do the beamtech led bulbs work that well in a halogen housing? I have never had good luck with different h4 conversions and using led bulbs. It always lead to dark spots since the LEDs don't emit light 360 degrees like a bulb does.

Do the beamtech led bulbs work that well in a halogen housing? I have never had good luck with different h4 conversions and using led bulbs. It always lead to dark spots since the LEDs don't emit light 360 degrees like a bulb does.
Mine are fine in Hellas on low beam. They tend to "splat" a bit on high - but its still so much better than halogen - to my eye at least. I prefer the bright white color temperature.

Reactions: Tray Burge and L J
Mine are fine in Hellas on low beam. They tend to "splat" a bit on high - but its still so much better than halogen - to my eye at least. I prefer the bright white color temperature.
When you say they’re “better” than halogen, how so? Pattern, cutoff, distance, or just a preferred color of light?

image.jpg

my local dealership has them in stock. $51 out the door. Anything is better than my current headlights lol. I swear the bulbs are original.

Last edited:
Reactions: TJ Starting
You can get h4 halogen bulbs in a bright white or blueish color too. They might splat as much on high beam and still be the color you're looking for.

So, the beamtechs are designed to run in a reflective type housing?
Do the beamtech led bulbs work that well in a halogen housing?
I can only relate my "eyes-on" experience in combination with my Cibie housings. IMO, the brightness, vertical cut off, fill and lack of distracting artifact can't be beat for the sub $175 price ($120 Cibies/$40 Beamtechs). The only thing left to be determined is durability. If you buy them on Amazon you can't lose because if you don't like them you just return them.

You can get h4 halogen bulbs in a bright white or blueish color too. They might splat as much on high beam and still be the color you're looking for.
I had them. Osram Night Breakers. The Beamtech LEDs are superior.

Last edited:
I can only relate my "eyes-on" experience in combination with my Cibie housings. IMO, the brightness, vertical cut off, fill and lack of distracting artifact can't be beat for the sub $175 price ($120 Cibies/$40 Beamtechs). The only thing left to be determined is durability. If you buy them on Amazon you can't lose because if you don't like them you just return them.

I might take a chance then. Thanks for the heads-up!

Thanks for the info. Cibie makes an led housing but it is very expensive. The lense design is much different than their halogen light.

Do you have any photos of the pattern? You would also have to modify or remove the dust boot for the light to run the LED lights correct?

I might see if Amazon warehouse has any just to try out and compare since, like you said, they will take a return back if you don't like it.

How would these compare to the $65 Trucklite knock offs?
I think those knock offs preform pretty well. I like the glass lense look and glass lenses won't yellow like the LED plastic lenses. These h4 lights perform well and can be had for under $60 with a nice harness.

Reactions: SSTJ