Toyota lights on your TJ! Cheap, quality LED alternative

mine should be here today.

so if I'm reading this right:
- stock harness with these is good to go
- can use 100/80 H4 bulbs if I install the included harness no?
- the included harness also appears to be plug and play no?

Reactions: defenderu
You know that I love you guys, but some of you are just plain overthinking this wiring harness. It's literally as simple as Red wire to hot side of battery, black wire to ground side of battery, unplug FACTORY connectors from lights, plug NEW HARNESS connectors into lights, plug connector from NEW HARNESS into FACTORY harness. the rest is just deciding where to run the wires. The kit even comes with instructions.
1626536707576.png

that is simple enough.

ordered some Hella H4 100/80 bulbs that should be here tomorrow to toss in.

Installed these this afternoon and now went out on a drive to try them out. Honestly I'm a bit disappointed.
20210717_142518.jpg

Was quite impressed with the amount of light put out by the bulbs that came with the lights. I'm pretty sure it was better then these 80/100w. Going to switch back to the other ones and check again when I get back home. May be returning these to Amazon.

Installed these this afternoon and now went out on a drive to try them out. Honestly I'm a bit disappointed.
View attachment 265902

Was quite impressed with the amount of light put out by the bulbs that came with the lights. I'm pretty sure it was better then these 80/100w. Going to switch back to the other ones and check again when I get back home. May be returning these to Amazon.
If you want to go high wattage, try some of these.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NMEEOV2/?tag=wranglerorg-20
I run them in Cibie housings and they are very nice

Reactions: TJ Starting
View attachment 265902

That seemed to be the same result in the Ih8mud thread. Interested to hear your report after switching back to the original bulbs.

If you want to go high wattage, try some of these.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NMEEOV2/?tag=wranglerorg-20
I run them in Cibie housings and they are very nice
Ok, I'll return these hellas and give them a go.
That seemed to be the same result in the Ih8mud thread. Interested to hear your report after switching back to the original bulbs.
Yeah, just looked back at pics from last night with the original bulbs and the originals are definitely brighter. I'll be putting them back in while waiting for the ones that @Mike H suggested. Really I'm quite pleased with how they worked last night but figured if they can be even better why not.

Reactions: Mike_H
Ok, I'll return these hellas and give them a go.

Yeah, just looked back at pics from last night with the original bulbs and the originals are definitely brighter. I'll be putting them back in while waiting for the ones that @Mike H suggested. Really I'm quite pleased with how they worked last night but figured if they can be even better why not.
I did the H4 upgrade immediately after I bought the Jeep. I also have heavy gage wire, relays, and good connectors to minimize voltage loss. These pics are from 2017, but I still have the same housings and bulbs.

Normal

20170319_215520.jpg

Brights
20170319_215526.jpg

Y'all, we have got to give Toyota South Atlanta a break. My order still hasn't shipped after more than a week. I called them and the guy said they're all of the sudden swamped with back orders.

When I explained to him why the sudden rush he laughed and said he owns a Miata and is on their forums, and when someone finds a special part they all need then they all jump off the cliff together. Sounds familiar 🤣

Y'all, we have got to give Toyota South Atlanta a break. My order still hasn't shipped after more than a week. I called them and they said they're all of the sudden swamped with back orders. I wonder why 🤣
I wondered if that was gonna happen 🤣

Y'all, we have got to give Toyota South Atlanta a break. My order still hasn't shipped after more than a week. I called them and the guy said they're all of the sudden swamped with back orders.

When I explained to him why the sudden rush he laughed and said he owns a Miata and is on their forums, and when someone finds a special part they all need then they all jump off the cliff together. Sounds familiar 🤣
I had emailed them earlier this week about it and he said mine should have gotten to them yesterday. I'm hoping for a tracking # today. Guess we'll see.

Ordered from a metro Atlanta dealer today.
Since they will likely pull from the same warehouse as South Atlanta I'll see how many days it'll be.
I'll be picking the parts up at the dealership.

I ordered a spare setup to have on hand that came in last week. It was definitely delayed compared to when I first stumbled on these lights and had them next day. I am still very happy with the setup. I'm running a set of 100w hella h4 linked above that I had already. They seem to work pretty well and have no blue coating.

Glad this is helping some people out.

I ordered a spare setup to have on hand that came in last week. It was definitely delayed compared to when I first stumbled on these lights and had them next day. I am still very happy with the setup. I'm running a set of 100w hella h4 linked above that I had already. They seem to work pretty well and have no blue coating.

Glad this is helping some people out.
I installed the harness today. I separated the leads for the high and low beam circuits, removed the included fuse holders, and installed each lead to an individual terminal on a Blue Sea fuse block.

I didn't have a chance to take it out tonight, but I imagine that even with the included bulbs, the harness will benefit with better light than just running the housings and bulbs without the harness. I'll post back with my impressions later this week when I get a chance to get out after dark.

I installed the harness today. I separated the leads for the high and low beam circuits, removed the included fuse holders, and installed each lead to an individual terminal on a Blue Sea fuse block.

I didn't have a chance to take it out tonight, but I imagine that even with the included bulbs, the harness will benefit with better light than just running the housings and bulbs without the harness. I'll post back with my impressions later this week when I get a chance to get out after dark.
Good deal!

Could you tell what gauge wire it was since you modified the harness? I almost cut into the harness just to confirm the wire gauge but I didn't.