Toyota lights on your TJ! Cheap, quality LED alternative

Good deal!

Could you tell what gauge wire it was since you modified the harness? I almost cut into the harness just to confirm the wire gauge but I didn't.

I believe it's 14ga, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

The 2 center wires on the fuse block in the photo below are from the harness.

img_6020-jpg.jpg

Reactions: Longwhitejeep
I believe it's 14ga, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

The 2 center wires on the fuse block in the photo below are from the harness.

View attachment 267462
Thanks! That is what I thought it was looking at the harness. The gauge seemed heavier for the main power feeds.

Also nice Deka made duracell agm! I have that same battery in my tundra from my old Toyota pickup wheeling rig. I was just telling a buddy about those duracell agm batteries and how I have had good luck with them especially for the price.

Last edited:
Thanks! That is what I thought it was looking at the harness. The gauge seemed heavier for the main power feeds.

Also nice Deka made duracell atm! I have that same battery in my tundra from my old Toyota pickup wheeling rig. I was just telling a buddy about those duracell agm batteries and how I have had good luck with them especially for the price.
Thank you. My only hold up in installing the harness was that I wanted a new battery to help organize the mass of accessory leads. As soon as I bought the battery yesterday, I installed the harness (and cleaned up a few other things.)

Mine showed up today! Got them installed, but not the wiring harness yet. I’ll do that over the weekend. Hoping they don’t need to much adjustment because that’s going to have to wait as well. Definitely think it was time my factory original headlights were replaced though.

A8EBD454-1981-4B78-BED4-119822C20B5B.jpeg

E42EA56A-70F2-442E-A891-E29486617517.jpeg

Last edited:
Just tested them out. They need a little adjusting done. Have small dead spot right in the middle of the pattern. How is everyone routing the harness to the drivers side light?

Just tested them out. They need a little adjusting done. Have small dead spot right in the middle of the pattern. How is everyone routing the harness to the drivers side light?
I put some pics up earlier in the thread but I ran mine through the passenger side light socket then laid in the bottom of the grill. Then come up through a hole in the grill that has the fog light wiring. I zipped tied the excess wiring near the airbox.

20210709_232202.jpg

20210709_232214.jpg

Anyone have an easy fix for hooking the positive and negative wires up to my battery? All of the bolts on the connections are too large for the wire harness connectors.

93716290-987B-487E-B6BD-5B8B3D92EFA6.jpeg

The positive would fit here but still not sure about the negative one.

DC6FB8AF-E067-4293-96B3-0B1E3AF1ECF2.jpeg

Anyone have an easy fix for hooking the positive and negative wires up to my battery? All of the bolts on the connections are too large for the wire harness connectors.

View attachment 267790

View attachment 267791
I just used a step drill bit that is made for sheet metal to slightly enlarge it till it fit.

Reactions: MaximusLJR06

View attachment 267790

View attachment 267791
I was able to place them in the battery bolts for the ground and the factory terminal for the positive.

Opening up the hole would work too. Just be careful if the drill bit grabs the connection it will start winding up the harness onto the drill bit. Happened to me before 😂

20210709_232139.jpg

Reactions: MaximusLJR06
I just used a step drill bit that is made for sheet metal to slightly enlarge it till it fit.
Thanks! Just did this! And got the harness all installed. I may end up cutting the ends off and installing different connections eventually. I did mangle the one up a little. But it’s working.

Well, mine are nice and bright with the new harness installed, but they’re poorly aimed. I installed new OME suspension last month, and my Jeep must be into yoga because it’s been doing downward dog ever since. I need to spend some time with it to see if I’m going to add a spacer to the front or be happy with it as is. If the latter, it looks like it’s time to find some flat space and a wall and break out the painter’s tape for a good alignment. I called a bunch of auto body shops looking for a beam setter and they all thought I was crazy.

I was able to check them out last night. I didnt use the harness that came with, just plugged in to my factory harness. I didnt adjust anything. There is a very definitive cutoff at the top but on brights it’s gone. These are way better than the Wagner BriteLites I had before. I think I am going to order another set for spares.

960CB170-A4FC-4573-A050-7D005CCA3DD9.jpeg

F8B3256E-AA51-486C-B703-E9E26615F595.jpeg

I was able to check them out last night. I didnt use the harness that came with, just plugged in to my factory harness. I didnt adjust anything. There is a very definitive cutoff at the top but on brights it’s gone. These are way better than the Wagner BriteLites I had before. I think I am going to order another set for spares.

View attachment 269443
View attachment 269444
If you're using standard 55/ 60 watt bulbs, you don't need the harness. Though it does run less amperage through the MFS.

Took my jeep off-roading today for the first time with the new Toyota headlights. Not good.

View attachment 272257
Geez dude! Did you put the boot back on? The boot seals up tighter than my Hella ecodes. I have been on several wheeling trips with them and no issues like this. H4 housings are not water tight but to get that much water in them running the boot it would need to be in water up over the headlights for a bit which create a lot more issues than just water in the headlights.

Guess what I'm saying is I seriously doubt any other h4 lense would have performed and differently underwater. You need new bulbs definitely.

Last edited:
That isn't from offroading. That is from swimming.
I know man. Water had to have been high or a full speed send into a mud pit or something to get that much water in the housing. Going to need more than bulbs after that wheeling trip. Bearings and fluids are next!

I know man. Water had to have been high or a full speed send into a mud pit or something to get that much water in the housing. Going to need more than bulbs after that wheeling trip. Bearings and fluids are next!
Ya it got pretty deep. It was a slow craw in behind a few other Jeep’s. I just slid down into the one pocket that got the water up past my lights.

Last edited: