TPS ground has 5 volts

oogah

As the post says, I have my tps ground wire showing 5 volts, if I'm reading the service manual right, any one know where to start to see where it's getting power some how

Possibly the clockspring in the column. I believe they share a ground. Anything strange going on with the steering wheel controls, horn?

I couldn't tell since I haven't been driving it since the tps has something wrong, it accelerates as soon I start it up so I haven't been able to drive it and it makes the throttle pedal extremely sensitive

It would only be possible to measure 5 volts on the TPS ground connection if it was disconnected from the PCM's logic ground connection or if its ground connection to the PCM's logic ground connector was bad. How are you measuring it?

Reactions: Zorba
I'm using a voltmeter, and my ground is the battery ground, I'm putting the positive lead of the multimeter only one one wire at a time, power has 5v, middle has 0 and ground has 5v

I circled the area's/pathways I should check, am I on the right track or way off

Screenshot_20230123-165206_OneDrive.jpg

Reactions: Zorba
You're talking about the tp no. 1 right, cause if so I have .95 volts now while probing and it's plugged in but when the connectors off the sensor it goes back to 4.84 volts, while it's plugged in the volts goes up smoothly and calmly to a max of 3.72volts