TPS readings

Thank you for your reply! I already took the Jeep to a different Mechanic that a lot of my friends suggested to me. It is an aftermarket intake but my original one did not have any plugs or a mass air on it. If that would of been on there I would of made sure I got one with the appropriate plug ins/mass air. From what I researched the TJ's don't have MASS sensors. The air intake sensor is on the manifold near the throttle body.

The connector looks exactly like a fuel injector plug but I know it isn't. Being that it has a lock on it I was thinking it had to go to something important.

By the way when I drove the Jeep the different mechanic (maybe a mile away) it died on me 3 times! But no engine codes at all. It would just shut off. It started right up but ran like crap LOL!

Again, thank you for your help and advise!!
I didn’t say anything about a mass airflow. I said intake air temp. Either way I got a better look at that plug, and it sure does look like a fuel injector to me. Something fruity is going on. Post a picture of all of your fuel injectors and a better picture of the wire colors going into that plug you’re holding.

Last edited:
I know you didn't say anything about mas air flow. I thought that is what you meant when you said it was supposed to plug into something on the air intake. Sorry-my bad! I will try to get a picture later today if I can. Thank you!

Here is a better picture of that plug. It looks like it goes to the harness along the firewall. Also here is a pic of the injectors.

20210430_164248.jpg

20210616_225359.jpg

20210616_225411.jpg