Track bar and tie rod: What hits, what doesn't?

Ok full droop on drivers side. Looks like 1 inch of bump needed? The limiting factor is now the tire contacting the back of the wheel well on full right turn.

From the bottom of where the shock connects to the top of the housing is 15 inches.
20190108_192327.jpg
20190108_192037.jpg
20190108_192133.jpg

Reactions: tworley
Yes! Now you are getting there! Notice how different that is from before. Once you determine the minimum bump stop extension, then you will know the shortest compressed shock length you can fit.

Reactions: Alex01
What size tire are we dealing with here?
What control arms?
Are shocks in place to determine droop?

Alex, turn the wheel all the way to driver's side and go full articulation with the driver's side up. Repeat by replacing all instances of driver with passenger.

Since you'll be hitting metal to metal you might want a little extra cushion. Shocks are next. 2" of bump stop extension with 4" of lift on 35's is very respectable.

What size tire are we dealing with here?
What control arms?
Are shocks in place to determine droop?
35 inch tires.
Shock is in the drivers side with all but 1/2 inch of droop.
Rubicon express control arms

Since you'll be hitting metal to metal you might want a little extra cushion. Shocks are next. 2" of bump stop extension with 4" of lift on 35's is very respectable.
On this side I am hitting rubber on metal.

@toximus I am waiting on a new track bar to do the drivers side. (Interference with re trackbar) Part 2 will come next week but now that I know how to properly check it should just be me reporting numbers.

One other thing I'd like to know, How much tread depth is left on your tires? I had an interesting observation when I was flexing at Anthony's peak, and I feel it is important to note when setting up your travel.

On this side I am hitting rubber on metal.

@toximus I am waiting on a new track bar to do the drivers side. (Interference with re trackbar) Part 2 will come next week but now that I know how to properly check it should just be me reporting numbers.

That's what I meant to say, rubber to metal. You don't want that.

Ah. Did you try the test on the passenger's side? Based on my tests I got very different results by turning vs going straight.

One other thing I'd like to know, How much tread depth is left on your tires? I had an interesting observation when I was flexing at Anthony's peak, and I feel it is important to note when setting up your travel.
Tons of depth only 2700 miles on them.

Ah. Did you try the test on the passenger's side? Based on my tests I got very different results by turning vs going straight.

Turning is where I am getting the Interference. I still have about 2 inches to the top of the fender.

Turning is where I am getting the Interference. I still have about 2 inches to the top of the fender.

As far as I can tell MC made a compromise between ease of install with the battery and tire clearance when turning. There's no other reason for them to give so little room behind the tire. I think it's obvious which took priority.