Track bar and tie rod: What hits, what doesn't?

I have the MC trackbar and a Dana 44 W/ 4.5 in of lift. Would I just be extra sure my bumpstops are correct to prevent damage?
There is no need to guess. If you remove the coils and jounces to cycle the axle, you can see if there is interference. This is the very same process Alex just went through. If you go through the process, the bump stop extension will be only as long as it needs to be.

Reactions: Alex01 and Brad W
I have the MC trackbar and a Dana 44 W/ 4.5 in of lift. Would I just be extra sure my bumpstops are correct to prevent damage?

Yes. You'll definitely need to cycle the suspension and make sure the bump stop is set correctly so that you don't bottom out the shocks, the tires, or the track bar.

Reactions: Alex01
My hopes are with the MC trackbar you won't have any clearance issues. My assumption is that MC made enough clearance so the drivers side could fully articulate so they could get awesome photos when using their 6pak shocks. :p

I should be receiving my MC track bar next week so if you stay tuned I'll report back about clearance issues. As of now I am thinking I need between 1.5 and 2 inches of bump stock for tires since they are hitting the fenders in the rear of the wheel well. (3.5 inch lift with 1.25 body, MC overline fenders.) With a 4.5 inch lift I would assume your shocks are going to be the limiting factor.

Reactions: Brad W
I talked to @Matsonian about the jeep in the photo below yesterday. It looks like it is running nitro sports and to me looks like it has extended front mounts. He said the jeep is currently running 6pak shocks but he is contacting the owner to figure out what shocks and mounts it had in the following photo.
7160-2-M.jpg

All of them can hit, all of them can be made not to. It depends on axle location, axle size, caster angle, diff cover design, and uptravel. It is typical for us when setting up the front suspension to have the JJ at the frame side mount slide right by the side of the front spring perch until the top of the perch is half way up on the body of the JJ.

That won't happen with a big diff cover, it won't happen if the axle is too far forward, offset to the passenger side, or much else that gets in the way.

I just want to bump this. If the track bar is an interference, it may not necessarily be the fault of the track bar.

I talked to @Matsonian about the jeep in the photo below yesterday. It looks like it is running nitro sports and to me looks like it has extended front mounts. He said the jeep is currently running 6pak shocks but he is contacting the owner to figure out what shocks and mounts it had in the following photo. View attachment 71540
Ask Matson to turn the tires back and forth. ;)

I just want to bump this. If the track bar is an interference, it may not necessarily be the fault of the track bar.
In my case my control arms are almost completely adjusted with the axle in the rearward position and I run barnett diff covers (oem top armored bottom).

Just like the curry but mine doesn't have that tab on the top.
My RE trackbar currently hits right at the tab in the photo below.
1547069539479.png

Yeah, just adjust your control arms longer, take some flex pics lock to lock, then adjust your arms shorter to get the straight on pics with all that tb clearance. Shhh, don't tell anyone!

Reactions: tomtaylz
Yeah, just adjust your control arms longer, take some flex pics lock to lock, then adjust your arms shorter to get the straight on pics with all that tb clearance. Shhh, don't tell anyone!
Your comment makes me wonder though if the MC trackbar does indeed make more clearance I could possibly shift the axle forward a bit then have less contact in the rear.

Reactions: jjvw
Your comment makes me wonder though if the MC trackbar does indeed make more clearance I could possibly shift the axle forward a bit then have less contact in the rear.

I was being sarcastic with that comment brah. We need a sarcasm emoji. If you shift your axle forward you'll have even less room. You're not the only one who has had clearance issues with RE's tb. Just as an example this is my JKS tb.
DSCN0852.JPG

Granted, you have a Dana 44 up front and another inch of lift, but the JKS bar has plenty of clearance at the bend. This with stock length-ish arms.

I was being sarcastic with that comment brah. We need a sarcasm emoji. If you shift your axle forward you'll have even less room. You're not the only one who has had clearance issues with RE's tb. Just as an example this is my JKS tb.
View attachment 71553
Granted, you have a Dana 44 up front and another inch of lift, but the JKS bar has plenty of clearance at the bend. This with stock length-ish arms.
Oh don't worry I noticed the layer of sarcasm. But lets say the MC bar allows for it to be pushed forward. It would gain a bit more height or at least wiggle room. My arms are currently adjusted almost completely backwards. I'll need to pull one to figure out the measurement. Maybe when the baby goes to bed tonight. ;)

I'm sure it wont make much of a difference though since unless I extend my mount I would still be limited by the compressed length of my shocks.

If the MC bar allows you to push the axle forward a tick, I guess that would give you a little where the tire rubs the back of the fender well at lock. It'll be a slippery slope paying attention to not let the tb hit the tie rod as a result. You better put in lots of play time in with the critter so she sleeps well tonight, lol! I can get you stock length arm measurements if you need them.

If the MC bar allows you to push the axle forward a tick, I guess that would give you a little where the tire rubs the back of the fender well at lock. It'll be a slippery slope paying attention to not let the tb hit the tie rod as a result. You better put in lots of play time in with the critter so she sleeps well tonight, lol! I can get you stock length arm measurements if you need them.
Looking back at my photos it appears like the mount is already perfectly centered on the mount so I'm not sure how much play I really have. Since my jeep is still sitting on stands though now is the perfect time to atleast measure what I have.
The scariest moment after going through this whole process is going to be during the next run when I find a rock to flex out on. If I contact the fenders it will be time to start all over. I suppose if I hit it head on I shouldn't have much issue though. Only hard passenger and I'm assuming driver on the other side.

Looking back at my photos it appears like the mount is already perfectly centered on the mount so I'm not sure how much play I really have. Since my jeep is still sitting on stands though now is the perfect time to atleast measure what I have.
The scariest moment after going through this whole process is going to be during the next run when I find a rock to flex out on. If I contact the fenders it will be time to start all over. I suppose if I hit it head on I shouldn't have much issue though. Only hard passenger and I'm assuming driver on the other side.

If you’re not going to HMB that day ;)

My hopes are with the MC trackbar you won't have any clearance issues. My assumption is that MC made enough clearance so the drivers side could fully articulate so they could get awesome photos when using their 6pak shocks. :p

I should be receiving my MC track bar next week so if you stay tuned I'll report back about clearance issues. As of now I am thinking I need between 1.5 and 2 inches of bump stock for tires since they are hitting the fenders in the rear of the wheel well. (3.5 inch lift with 1.25 body, MC overline fenders.) With a 4.5 inch lift I would assume your shocks are going to be the limiting factor.

Just got mine finished tonight

20190109_203112.jpg

When I tested it on a trail nothing touched. The clearance was really good. I'll get a photo of it this weekend.
Sounds promising. I just got a notification that mine shipped today and will be delivered tomorrow so the saga will continue shortly.

Sounds promising. I just got a notification that mine shipped today and will be delivered tomorrow so the saga will continue shortly.

Yeah, Im happy I pulled the trigger on this bar. We shall see how she holds up. Now on to the Control Arm Bushings and rear sway bar.... :/