Track bar bracket hole is wallowed out

Halfinchmoa

The bracket welded to the axle has two sets of holes. The set the track bar is using got a little bit wallowed out. Can you use an adjustable track bar, and utilize the second set of holes?

The bracket welded to the axle has two sets of holes. The set the track bar is using got a little bit wallowed out. Can you use an adjustable track bar, and utilize the second set of holes?
Yes you.can as long as you keep the axle centered , or you can just change the bushing to Moog K 7252 bushing and 14 mm bolt if that works with your situation. That requires drilling the stock holes out.

Proper torque is the short answer and the 10mm stock bolt tends to stretch and get over torqued over time, you.can replace the bolt and likely get the required torque, but getting the torque and good fitment to the bracket is a plus.

Can you take a photo? If a non-stock hole is wallowed, you might still be able to use an adjustable trackbar with the stock bolt. However we’d have to see which hole is damaged, and verify that the bracket is actually stock.

Thanks for the info here. I just purchased a similar kit by Barnes 4wd to tighten my track bar. The Torx bolt has been stripped. I think it'll be a bit easier to use a hex head bolt instead.

Just an update, I received my new bolt and flag nut today from Barnes 4wd and my DW issues are gone. I'm not sure what Jeep was thinking with using a torx bolt for the track bar, but the new bolt made a huge difference. I was able to torque it down properly.

Reactions: CodaMan
Just an update, I received my new bolt and flag nut today from Barnes 4wd and my DW issues are gone. I'm not sure what Jeep was thinking with using a torx bolt for the track bar, but the new bolt made a huge difference. I was able to torque it down properly.
Omg i know. I had to use my peanut grinder with a cut off wheel and cut the bolt off at the track bar because it was stripped. Any engineer that puts torx bolts in their design that need to be torqued down need to be fired

Omg i know. I had to use my peanut grinder with a cut off wheel and cut the bolt off at the track bar because it was stripped. Any engineer that puts torx bolts in their design that need to be torqued down need to be fired
I guess I'll be removing you from the list of possibles for a NAG1 swap then. The bellhousing is held to the case with 26 Torx head bolts.

NAG1 is a 5 speed auto used in many Chrysler products along with many Mercedes products.