Track bar bushings or new track bar?

If you want to lift it at some point might as well… I wouldn’t recommend rough country. Their joints are pretty bad. Try something with Johnny joints.

Curious what makes their joints bad? I ordered this one because the joint seemed similar to factory which is something I was looking for. I haven't installed it yet and you have me curious.

Screenshot_20220714-220302_Samsung Internet.jpg

If you will take a look at the rough country track bar that you’re considering you’ll notice that you can use a stock clevite track bar bushing at the axle end and an ES 3096 at the frame- That means it is one of the only aftermarket track bars that you can rebuild with over the counter parts-

And if you have an issue like your track bar hole has been drilled out at the axle you can even use a Moog K 7252 bushing and go up to a 14 mm bolt in that same track bar-

For the price and the fact that it is fully rebuildable it makes it one of the better product they’ve offered-

Reactions: SvtLdr
If you will take a look at the rough country track bar that you’re considering you’ll notice that you can use a stock clevite track bar bushing at the axle end and an ES 3096 at the frame- That means it is one of the only aftermarket track bars that you can rebuild with over the counter parts-

And if you have an issue like your track bar hole has been drilled out at the axle you can even use a Moog K 7252 bushing and go up to a 14 mm bolt in that same track bar-

For the price and the fact that it is fully rebuildable it makes it one of the better product they’ve offered-

Thats great information, thanks. So in the specifications it says ‎"Works with 0-6" of Lift" so is it safe to assume it should work with the stock height (no lift)?

Are you referencing the one I posted or the one the OP posted? We posted 2 different track bars by rough country and I believe you're talking about the one I posted unless I'm misunderstanding.

Thats great information, thanks. So in the specifications it says ‎"Works with 0-6" of Lift" so is it safe to assume it should work with the stock height (no lift)?

Yes and the less lift that you have the deeper the threaded end will be screwed into the track bar so that is also good -

The idea is to make sure axle is centered and lock the nut good.

A new 10mm bolt and nut is a good investment at the axle end too.

Reactions: bobsxlch
Are you referencing the one I posted or the one the OP posted? We posted 2 different track bars by rough country and I believe you're talking about the one I posted unless I'm misunderstanding.

Good catch- yes, he needs the one you posted - the one he posted requires a dropped mount, notice the end is a clevite-

I actually have both- the first in my 03 and the second in my 06

The one you posted is a great track bar for the price and the fact it is rebuildable in my opinion.

Yes and the less lift that you have the deeper the threaded end will be screwed into the track bar so that is also good -

The idea is to make sure axle is centered and lock the nut good.

A new 10mm bolt and nut is a good investment at the axle end too.

Be sure you see the other posts-

Good catch- yes, he needs the one you posted - the one he posted requires a dropped mount, notice the end is a clevite-

The one you posted is a great track bar for the price and the fact it is rebuildable in my opinion.

You have a link you can share for the track bar?

Thanks. I thought it checked all my boxes from what I could tell. Glad to hear from someone who has actually run it. 👍

@bobsxlch just be aware the one I just linked is the front track bar, your original posts were of the rear track bar. Not sure which one you're in need of.

Thanks. I thought it checked all my boxes from what I could tell. Glad to hear from someone who has actually run it. 👍

Rough country is not the same company they were 10 years ago- They are not Currie either-

It would be nice to see this much thought put in more products for the TJ- I like the new one for the price. They are both pretty stout. If you’re going to go hard-core off road I think it’s a good idea to consider the K7252 bushing to run the bigger bolt.

Reactions: GPK03X
Rough country is not the same company they were 10 years ago- They are not Currie either-

It would be nice to see this much thought put in more products for the TJ- I like the new one for the price. They are both pretty stout. If you’re going to go hard-core off road I think it’s a good idea to consider the K7252 bushing to run the bigger bolt.

No hard-core off-roading here. I wanted something adjustable, beefier than stock, reasonably priced, and had similar joints to stock. This one hit those points pretty well. The fact that you pointed out how easily rebuildable it is, is just the cherry on top ha.