Track bar hits gas tank

Combo mid-engine conversion/seat swap/seat heater mod. I like it. Might only work for a stock motor though. LS/Magnum/stroker might still have the beans to get that throttle body into the gas tank on launch. Actually, now that I think about it, isn't the TB on the LS up front? Might have a winnar!!

Transverse mounted 2.8L V6 GM motor?

Transverse mounted 2.8L V6 GM motor?

bzaflp0rp3bmcdh6noxn.gif

• Haha
Reactions: RINC
4" lift, sye and adjustable rear tb. The tb hits the gas tank protector.
Is this tb bracket what I need??
JKS OGS160 Rear Track Bar Relocation Bracket Kit for Jeep TJ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005TTZSQS/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Hopper, I have 4" lift on Rubi and with this JKS bracket and rear TB (RC) still hits skid plate. Like JMT said looks like Currie will give you room. I bent plate edge slightly but still rubs a little bit. My solution will likely be cut a little bit off top corner of skid plate.

Reactions: Hopper
I would not use the JKS angled rear trackbar relocation bracket. It’s only a 9* angle. The Currie is 19.5*, pulling it farther away from the tank. The JKS wouldn’t clear. Had a really painful time trying to return it.
DId you measure those angles from JKS and Currie to find them? I have never seen the angles given in the specs by either. I'm running the Currie and assumed the JKS was close to the same angle, I'll certainly recommend nothing but the Currie/RockJock in the future, I recommended the JKS thinking its lower cost would be a benefit for the OP.

DId you measure those angles from JKS and Currie to find them? I have never seen the angles given in the specs by either. I'm running the Currie and assumed the JKS was close to the same angle, I'll certainly recommend nothing but the Currie/RockJock in the future, I recommended the JKS thinking its lower cost would be a benefit for the OP.

Fwiw, I had no issue with the JKS on a tj with a SS sye and no tuck, or on the LJ with a tuck. I think the extra angle offered by the currie becomes important when you get into tucked TJs, especially with standard length SYEs or 241s where pinion angles are in the 20+ territory. Both of my rigs never needed more then about 14.

Fwiw, I had no issue with the JKS on a tj with a SS sye and no tuck, or on the LJ with a tuck. I think the extra angle offered by the currie becomes important when you get into tucked TJs, especially with standard length SYEs or 241s where pinion angles are in the 20+ territory. Both of my rigs never needed more then about 14.
That makes a lot of sense, thanks!

I guess I haven’t done it, I got the Currie Bracket with the Currie TB. How do you roll the axle forward and still connect the TB without one?

I would need to find the thread, but the reason I got the Currie was because others are known to hit. Not sure if a bracket will actually fix the issue with a RC, but it’s worth a try.

FWIW, I have a rock jock trackbar and angled bracket and it still hits the gas tank skid where it bolts onto the rear crossmember.

I have the Currie relocation bracket with their TB. I had the EMU relocation bracket that isn't angle, and you could tell it wasn't gonna work.

Getting the track bar to clear my gas tank skid was probably the most tedious/finnicky part of the tummy tuck for me. It's a real tight spot

Reactions: RINC