Track bar holes not lining up

Tycarver

TJ Enthusiast
I started to get some death wobble the other day I’m literally every bump. Decided the problem was my front track bar bolt and nut. I ordered new ones from mr.blane but now trying to put my track bar bolt back through i can get it through the first hole and into the adjustable track bar but the second hole on the back side it won’t line up with. Any ideas.

I started to get some death wobble the other day I’m literally every bump. Decided the problem was my front track bar bolt and nut. I ordered new ones from mr.blane but now trying to put my track bar bolt back through i can get it through the first hole and into the adjustable track bar but the second hole on the back side it won’t line up with. Any ideas.
Have a helper steer the wheel back and forth with both tires on the ground. It will line up easy.

Have a helper steer the wheel back and forth with both tires on the ground. It will line up easy.

the thing to me is on the frame side I’m able to get the front hole lined up but the rear hole if the bracket does not line up through the bushing. I’ll give this a try though.

If the above doesn't work, sometimes you need to put a ratchet strap on it and pull the whole axle in the direction you need it to go.

The frame side should not have a “front and back hole” if you have the stock mounting bracket in place.

Blaine’s bolt is for the axle end.

Reactions: hosejockey61
Give the bumper a good kick sideways to help shift the frame over a bit. Is it possible that the axle wasn't centered right before, and now it is sitting centered correctly? If so then just adjust the trackbar to fit the new position. Ratchet strap is the easiest way to muscle it around when you have no help if turning the steering wheel won't do it.

Did you figure it out? I’m having the same issue where the bolt won’t line up with the holes

Did you figure it out? I’m having the same issue where the bolt won’t line up with the holes
Which bolt? The passenger-side? Did you try having someone slightly move the steering wheel as suggested above? Without a track bar bolted in on both sides, turning the steering wheel will move the axle sideways.

Which bolt? The passenger-side? Did you try having someone slightly move the steering wheel as suggested above? Without a track bar bolted in on both sides, turning the steering wheel will move the axle sideways.
The bolt on the passenger side. I have tried turning the wheel and even made my husband jump on the bumper some more to make sure the axle is as close to centered as I can get

Not sure if this helps at all

7FCF1C89-AAB8-49B8-979A-C56AA2F39031.jpeg

It looks to me like you got the currie trackbar that uses a 1/2" bolt at the axle side. Does the provided bolt by currie fit through the hole in the axle bracket?

It looks to me like you got the currie trackbar that uses a 1/2" bolt at the axle side. Does the provided bolt by currie fit through the hole in the axle bracket?
It does fit through. The PO already had already drilled the bracket out for a 1/2” bolt. The bolt goes through and lines up without the bar.

Maybe it’s just me but the bracket almost looks like it’s bent and flared out a tad on the back side (or front)?

I just had to move the steering wheel a bit till the whole lined up. Then I could put the bolt in. Just turn the steering wheel full turn while having a screwdriver or something In the hole

The tires are on and touching the ground while you’re turning the wheel/ratchet strapping right?

I usually get it close with a ratchet strap, I’ll hook one end on the frame and the other to like the sway bar bracket, then lightly tap the bolt and it finds its way in.

Had the same issue with the Currie track bar.

Solution for me was to remove the frame side, get the bolt through the axle side first. Get it snug, then back off a bit so there's still some play. Now get the frame side bolted up, may need someone on the steering wheel to help line that up. Don't forget to torque the axle bolt down once the frame side is done.