Track bar tie rod end missing washers

EZ_Wrangler

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Long story short; Took the TJ to the shop for an alignment (I know, I know. I could do it myself. But I was in a crunch). ANYWAY, they said they couldn’t do it for 2 reasons.

1) “Track bar is loose” - their explanation was there was play in the tie rod end of the track bar (the driver side end).

Is this a standard tie rod end that I can replace? (Not sure if it is an aftermarket track bar or not).

2) “L/F arm is missing lock washers” - Tech showed me that there are washers on the outsides of the front control arms. Passenger side has them, driver side does not. So they said it was moving laterally too much to be aligned.

Do you know what size washers those are? Do I need those washers with adjustable control arms? (I have adjustables to put on, just never did).

Thanks in advance for reading and helping!

-EZ

Gonna need pictures of what they are describing.
There should be 0 lateral movement in the control arm mounting points. zero.

Tie Rod End.... or Track Bar?
Two separate items.
what one has play? The steering tie rod, or the suspension track bar?

Anyways. Photos Please.

Gonna need pictures of what they are describing.
There should be 0 lateral movement in the control arm mounting points. zero.

Tie Rod End.... or Track Bar?
Two separate items.
what one has play? The steering tie rod, or the suspension track bar?

Anyways. Photos Please.
I’m aware there should be zero play. I wasn’t asking how much play is allowed. I’m trying to to rectify the play.

And my track bar is adjustable on one end. The drivers side end (as mentioned above) it appears to be a “tie rod end “ type of part. Hence the question.

Pictures in next post.

Passenger side front control arm (has washer between nut and bracket)
B70A4942-E2F0-4D00-9332-30EA40517C70.jpeg

Drive side. No washer.
32F95E6A-787A-4670-9FF3-B2C9BB908A32.jpeg
Track bar end

FBDA9933-CC54-48FF-B752-F1BA3294D426.jpeg