Trail Report—Rausch Creek, PA (My Jeep Survived!)

Kevin Q

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Just wanted to share the 2nd wheeling trip with my newly finished lift. Went to Rausch Creek, PA with a great group from LockedN Loaded 4x4 Club. The day started off with icy conditions. A short way into our first trail we had to detour due to a downed tree. Good news was that we were at a T in the trail. Bad news was the right side led us to a Black rated hill climb...in the ice and mud. I was 2nd in line so I went for it. Needed some guiding and a few adjustments but I made it up. Through out the day I was able to test the Jeep and get more and more comfortable driving it. As one of the guys was making a minor repair I was able to test the suspension. See the pictures below. Later on we got to a hill that I was a passenger during the last trip. There is a relatively easy line to the left and a hard line to the right. The only Jeeps that made the right line during the last trip was a competition TJ on 37s, a long arm TJ on 35s, and a lifted JKUR. This time only the comp TJ and a JKUR attempted it. I wanted to give it a shot. Unfortunately my front lockers wouldn't engage. If I had power to the drivers side front I would have walked up it. Instead we had some tippy moments and ended up backing out for the easier line. Overall it was a great day. Best part was that my wife joined the fun.

IMG_3333[1].JPG

IMG_3334[1].JPG

Right side 3.jpg

Joe Devils Den1.jpg
Joe Devils Den 2.jpg

Looks like fun and happy to hear (and see) that your Jeep performed well.

Fuck that looks cold :LOL:

Now get to outboarding those shocks, chop, chop!

Forgot to add the moron of the day award. As we crested a hill on a tough trail I see a Honda Pilot stuck badly. They were attempting to pull it out with an also stuck and bottomed out Chevy Colorado. They had already ripped out wiring under the Pilot and dumped all of their transmission fluid. Our fearless leader towed them both back to the parking lot and helped get them started on repairs.

Nice pics! I’ve been itching to get back to rausch creek sometime soon. Has LockednLoaded done all the work on your TJ? Who relocated your rear spring perch?

Nice pics! I’ve been itching to get back to rausch creek sometime soon. Has LockednLoaded done all the work on your TJ? Who relocated your rear spring perch?
LNL did the spring perches, adjusted my pinion angles after I had Rockjock make me longer rear uppers, replaced my fan clutch, installed the black magic brakes, new brake lines, and fuel line. I did all of the suspension, tummy tuck, etc. I honestly cannot recommend Joe and his shop enough. He's honest, fair, and delivers great work.

Reactions: Irun and jazngab
It seems like you guys have so much fun. I really like the sign "Devil's Den."

Devil's Den is tough. That Jeep took the 2nd hardest line. Another Jeep tried the easiest and broke his axle shafts. As we were winching him out I noticed broken axle shafts in an X in the dirt. They were the only 2 to attempt it.

DEVILS DEN.... definitely some sketchy spots. Lots of fun though!

IMG_39801.jpg

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. :)

Reactions: Vasq