Trail Welding Option

My buddy Jeremy Rose “bleepinrose” on Instagram has nothing but good things to say about the Premier Power Welder. He usually posts a video of it getting used on someone’s vehicle almost every time he’s out wheeling. Two or 3 times at KOH so far.

My buddy Jeremy Rose “bleepinrose” on Instagram has nothing but good things to say about the Premier Power Welder. He usually posts a video of it getting used on someone’s vehicle almost every time he’s out wheeling. Two or 3 times at KOH so far.

I have the Premier Power welder in my TJ and I have a Ready Welder also. But these were three new options that weren't around 15 years ago when I bought mine. It's nice to have options and I like the portable welders for times you can't get your rig to where the welding needs to be done.

Reactions: TRE3TOP
This one looks pretty dope actually, especially with the converter it’s talking about so it can run off a single battery if needed.

I have the Premier Power welder installed in my glove box since I'd rean out of room under the hood.

IMG00736[1].jpg

Doing repairs on my own Jeep. My trackbar/hydro assist cylinder came loose.

IMGP0928.JPG

IMGP0930.JPG

NashvilleTJ has his mounted in the same spot because he'd ran out of room under his hood when he did his Hemi swap.

I'd lucked out and found a Ready Weleder for cheap that a local farmer was selling. But I'd already ordered the Premier Power welder so I have both now.

IMG00453.jpg

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
Being able to weld on the trail would be pretty badass but I've never touched a stick welder so the wire feed options are much more interesting to me.

Yes I need to practice my stick welding more in the shop. Only doing it on the trail can be a real pain and my welds look bad enough.

EDIT: I'd come across these welders and figured I'd share with all of you.

Yes I need to practice my stick welding more in the shop. Only doing it on the trail can be a real pain and my welds look bad enough.

Much appreciated. Knowing there are wire feed options out there makes this a much more real possibility for me.

Reactions: Wildman

The premier is a stick welder? Does it work with 6010 and 7018 rods?

Reactions: Wildman

Right off their website:
https://premierpowerwelder.com/

SOME INTERESTING FACTS:​

• Less spark is due to high-frequency; do not turn it up.
  • A puddle normally oscillates about 60 times per second; with high-frequency, it oscillates about 7000 times per second!
  • High-frequency welding agitates the puddle 10 times more than amperage welding, thus bringing all the impurities to the surface.
  • The Premier allows both welding & charging using #4 cable leads up to 100' lengths with minimal loss of heat.
  • Again, set voltage PRIOR to welding. Voltage will fluctuate while welding, and the reading will not be true voltage.
  • The Premier Power Welder can use up to 1/8 inch electrodes, we recommend 3/32 inch....6011, 7018, 6010, 6013.

Much appreciated. Knowing there are wire feed options out there makes this a much more real possibility for me.

Hey that IS what this forum is supposed to be about isn't it? Sharing information? Glad I could help.

NashvilleTJ has his mounted in the same spot because he'd ran out of room under his hood when he did his Hemi swap.

I'd lucked out and found a Ready Weleder for cheap that a local farmer was selling. But I'd already ordered the Premier Power welder so I have both now.

View attachment 306623
I picked up a ready welder a few years ago, it works great burns hot! I was in Moab with a buddy who had one and he made a battery pack for his. I had to have one so I built one when I got home. Makes it real easy, pull 2 cases out, hook up cables, weld and go.
04212FA8-3F3B-47EB-8553-016A783F556C.jpeg
CDF9E09F-6C58-4D47-BA39-4965E632B461.jpeg
CDF9E09F-6C58-4D47-BA39-4965E632B461.jpeg

B7B1CAC4-C2D1-44CA-9C43-E56F8843051B.jpeg

I’ve never done it, but I believe so. You can also TIG with the premier, and it will run a spool gun. The big deal on the premier is that it cycles at 6000 hertz. It oscillates the puddle like you can’t believe which does two things. First, it makes a great weld with deep penetration - It’s not a just get by trail repair at all. Second, although I cut my teeth on stick, and am decent at it, it is much easier to stick weld on the premier.

You really have to experience the thing to appreciate what a good welder it is. I’ve had pro welders use it on the trail and they were surprised and even amazed at how well it works.

Many years ago, I carried a setup to do two battery welding, and used it a few times. In my opinion there is no comparison between the premier and anything running off batteries (Except for the price, I guess).

Rick, can you run the ready welder off of the premier?

You can do it with some jumper cables or you and buy a kit like this.

http://www.trailweld.com/

I made my own w/ welding cable + stick holder from a welding supply shop. Was quite affordable 15 years ago. Never used it on the trail just at home. I've never been a good welder but I did make some parts that did fine.

#1 lesson: Take a length of cable and wind into a tight coil to make an inductor. This stabilizes the arc and helped me tremendously.

2 good batteries was plenty for what I did. 3 was way hot! Weaker batteries/higher resistance cables (like jumper cables) may be best with 3.

For portability a jump pack battery+jeep battery should cover it, and do double duty for jump starts. I haven't tried it though.

Reactions: WSS
The premier welder (stick) is a CC power supply, it should be able to do tig with a HF start.