jkowitz Build Thread

period correct is my term for nothing ever got updated .

Exactly where I'm staying with my 06 LJR. I just love the stocker look of a moderate lifted TJ/LJ. (the AEV Highline package is so sexy). I also tow it behind the RV so 33's is where I'll stay. Haven't done it with this rig yet, but I crushed just about every trail rating out there requiring 35's with my XJ on 33's. Made driving trails that much more technical and in my opinion....fun! All the "extra" that comes with 35's I just can't justify. To each their own, which is why we love this "sport" right?!

Oh yeah...on topic: TR has some decent videos. I'm not sold on the whole overlanding-pack-everything though. What's the meme? "Back in my day, we called it camping"

Reactions: AndyG and jazngab
Here are some terms that need better defined -

Overlanding -camping

Poor cash flow- you are broke

Build - sometimes means bought shocks and dropped them off at a shop

For sale , slight shimmy - means death wobble

Late - means you don't want to be there usually

She needs space- means she needs space without you in it

Lifetime warranty - means if you complain , they wish you were dead

Campus dating -borderline stalking

My only complaint with TrailRecon is that he’s tying into E3Offroad with E3Overland which to me appears to be a money grab disguised as informative members only videos.

Reactions: chad
Serious question - why would half doors be desirable? I am happy mine came with full doors. Those windows would seem awful if it started raining. And if it’s nice out what’s the difference? 🙂
For me mine came with full doors which is great for winter, but come summer my half doors go back on. I hate offroading with full doors the sides are just to high, and it makes it to hard to look over the window sill to see the side of the jeep or the front tires.

I don’t mind TrailRecon so much but I wish he would put his hands in his pockets more often. Using your hands for emphasis loses it’s emphasis when you move them with every word. It’s! Like! Writing! A! Sentence! Like! This!

For me mine came with full doors which is great for winter, but come summer my half doors go back on. I hate offroading with full doors the sides are just to high, and it makes it to hard to look over the window sill to see the side of the jeep or the front tires.
I appreciate the response, and that makes a lot of sense. Getting ready to go out tomorrow for the first time and I’m sure I will experience not being able to lean out and see the tires like you mention. Makes sense!

Here are some terms that need better defined -

Overlanding -camping...

There is a vast difference in what people call camping. The same goes for overlanding. I plan on doing what many would call overlanding, but I am not calling it overlanding. The main reason is it would bring out the haters from both sides. I'll just call it a vacation.

There is a vast difference in what people call camping. The same goes for overlanding. I plan on doing what many would call overlanding, but I am not calling it overlanding. The main reason is it would bring out the haters from both sides. I'll just call it a vacation.
Last year we did Sierra Trek "Fordyce Trail" and in the past we always tent camp. This year with did the Glamping Thing. I may never go back to a tent.

IMG_2700.jpg

IMG_4695.jpg

My parents call that camping too. I understand big nice campers, but as you know there are places you can't take them. I have taken several vacations with my parents and found that big trailers tend to encourage staying inside.

I don't understand how people watch this stuff, I really don't.

I guess free time will do that to you :LOL:

Never heard of this person before in my life, but I also don't do YouTube, so I'm not familiar with all the "cool kids" ;)

I have actually been watching TrailRecon for a while back when he was still in the service. He is one of the shows that I can toss up on the TV in the basement when I am working out and I don't have to worry about F-bombs and like since my boys are usually watching with me.

I really prefer his trail rides. Here in Maine we really don't have the wide open land that West/Southwest/Mid West/Texas do. The idea of just being able to go drive on a trail and camp is a dream of mine.

I will say he has been pushing his E3 stuff more but it is his business. Pretty earblind to that stuff on youtube now.

We won’t see the TJ for a while. Jordan has to stay on the military base for the next 8 weeks.