jkowitz Build Thread

Im sure less that $15995 but the price on this jeep seems reasonable.In the video looks like the front diff has a leak and maybe a valve cover gasket leak or a rear main seal leak. Im sure they brought the price down.These guys buy Jeeps and flip them. So I know they bought the jeep for way less. Personally I would not buy a jeep from them cause who knows what the jeep has been through before. They were actually going to buy a LJ but the 3 LJ’s Icars.net turned out not to be what they were looking for.
They are that sleek they slapped a Rubicon decals on it and swap a dana 44 there under.

It will be interesting to see which way his build goes, as we well know, 35’s have their benefits and their compromises, and enhanced on-road performance isn’t a benny. I see the RTT and rack adding weight up high, the increased stiffness of a dual rate sway bar like the Sway-Loc might be necessary to control the raised COG and still give good off-road performance.

I will say he has been pushing his E3 stuff more but it is his business. Pretty earblind to that stuff on youtube now.

Im certainly oblivious because Ive been a TRecon viewer (over a year now) I have no idea what “E3” is. But I also dont follow their channel regularly. Only when something he posts about catches my interest. For sure closely following the TJ build,

Im certainly oblivious because Ive been a TRecon viewer (over a year now) I have no idea what “E3” is. But I also dont follow their channel regularly. Only when something he posts about catches my interest. For sure closely following the TJ build,
You can Google E3, it's like a subscription website that members get "exclusive" perks.

Reactions: fourpointzero
It will be interesting to see which way his build goes, as we well know, 35’s have their benefits and their compromises, and enhanced on-road performance isn’t a benny. I see the RTT and rack adding weight up high, the increased stiffness of a dual rate sway bar like the Sway-Loc might be necessary to control the raised COG and still give good off-road performance.
He may also look into the high line route to keep that cog a but lower. Im not sure he wants to change the fenders though, seems like he wants to keep a classic look going on it. So far i am impressed with his choice in parts.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Curious as to what direction he will go for 35’s? Will he reach out to Savvy?

The mid-arm has proven its self time and time again.

Does anyone know if the trail recon folks are reaching out to companies for free parts in exchange for free air time? Of are they actually buying the parts with their own money?

If I was betting, he wont go the best route, the channel will go some cheap route. Hopefully I am wrong. Seems to be common for the youtube channels to go cheap on parts/builds.

Can anyone show me a build that doesn't cheap out or limit themselves on what they can get for free?

Serious question - why would half doors be desirable? I am happy mine came with full doors. Those windows would seem awful if it started raining. And if it’s nice out what’s the difference? 🙂
Considering the buyer is going to be wheeling this TJ, a half door is much more desirable when wheeling in the woods/trails. Better field of view. Less to damage as well.

Curious as to what direction he will go for 35’s? Will he reach out to Savvy?

The mid-arm has proven its self time and time again.

Does anyone know if the trail recon folks are reaching out to companies for free parts in exchange for free air time? Of are they actually buying the parts with their own money?

If I was betting, he wont go the best route, the channel will go some cheap route. Hopefully I am wrong. Seems to be common for the youtube channels to go cheap on parts/builds.

Can anyone show me a build that doesn't cheap out or limit themselves on what they can get for free?

I think he actually buys his stuff. Iirc he said he was already looking for parts to buy. He also didn’t put a link in the description to the Gobi rack. So that also makes me think he bought it with his own money.

I think he actually buys his stuff. Iirc he said he was already looking for parts to buy. He also didn’t put a link in the description to the Gobi rack. So that also makes me think he bought it with his own money.
Even more evidence/proof that he will be able to purchase quality parts instead of being pigeonholed into parts from vendors willing to give them to him for free.