Trans problems

MatthewStuff

Please help. I have an 05 sport and it won’t shift out of 1st. It only happens after I have been driving for a while shut it off and try to start it up and go. If I wait a while it will be just fine. The CEL is on and throws P1603 and 04. I have checked the fluid and it seems to be fine. I have checked the TCM plug for corrosion none and the points have power and ground as they should. I’m going to change fluid and see what happens. Any ideas

Please help. I have an 05 sport and it won’t shift out of 1st. It only happens after I have been driving for a while shut it off and try to start it up and go. If I wait a while it will be just fine. The CEL is on and throws P1603 and 04. I have checked the fluid and it seems to be fine. I have checked the TCM plug for corrosion none and the points have power and ground as they should. I’m going to change fluid and see what happens. Any ideas
Sounds like a possible ECM issue. Pretty common with the 05-06 autos. Maybe someone with more auto trans experience will chime in.