Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail

Jacob Duhon

Supporting Member
Alright guys, I've searched and searched but I haven't found much on the trail that isn't motorcycle related. A friend and I are driving up to Wisconsin to run the first half of the trail in a few weeks and I was wondering if there's anyone on here that has been through the trail and can recommend any places that we have to see or restaurants that we can't pass up. We'll be camping two nights and will be self sufficient for the entire trip except for gas obviously. I live in Illinois so I understand how to prepare for the cold and I have plenty of experience driving in deep snow but if anyone has any secret wheeling spots or postcard views along the route that they're willing to make un-secret for me that'd be awesome!
320272_10150324220229596_2109134074_n.jpg

Here's a pic of the route for anyone that may be curious[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
Is that whole blue line the trail? Intended for 4x4's?? You will have to let us know how it goes, I'm 45 minutes from dubuque in the quad cities and that would blow my mind to find out there is a viable trail that close!

The link you posted didn't work for some reason. Yeah the blue line is the trail. From what I've read it starts off easy and gets more technical the further north you travel. Lone Wolf Expeditions seems to have the most information out there about it. They say it's about 50% Pavement, 40% gravel, and 10% dirt and sand. Mild wheeling for sure but I think it'll be a blast. I'll definitely keep yall posted!

Must be something to do with linking to jeep forum from this site. @Chris would know how to fix it. I just googled trans wisconsin adventure trail jeep and it was the first link

I don't know how I missed that! I Googled that exact thing a week or two ago. I like to read first hand info like that without all of the tourism hype built into it. I'm hoping there's some snow on the ground to make things a little more interesting. I plan to run the full route in the spring when it warms up and the ladies don't mind camping haha

Oh, haha... Yeah... The short story is that the two other Jeep forums for whatever reason or another blocked this site. They made all links to this site show up as ***********.

I don't know why they did this, and I really don't care. But if they're going to be that petty (which that is pretty petty, you have to admit), then I figured I would do the same thing to them.

I mean seriously... Who does that?

Oh, haha... Yeah... The short story is that the two other Jeep forums for whatever reason or another blocked this site. They made all links to this site show up as ***********.

I don't know why they did this, and I really don't care. But if they're going to be that petty (which that is pretty petty, you have to admit), then I figured I would do the same thing to them.

I mean seriously... Who does that?
Lol that's hilarious. Digital warfare. You get em Chris!

Woah, I didn't think any trails like that existed in wi..... I am totally going to plan a trip like this now. How very cool!!! Thanks for posting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The people that blocked this site are probably the same people that don't wave back when we pass lol. I don't even remember how I came across this trail, I think I was just searching Midwest overland routes and it popped up. I hope it turns out to be pretty cool. Badlands is great but I'd like to have more options when I feel like wheeling. Cliffs insane terrain wasn't quite my cup of tea, way too much mud for my liking. Here's a link to our cliffs trip last December. It was a mess

There ya go, that looks like a nice thread!

Thanks for sharing that one.