Transfer case drop removal

Kraken72

Bolt Breaker
Supporting Member
So getting rid of my 4 inch rough country lift. Down grading to 2 inch jks. So what is the best way to remove the transfer case drop spacer? I have a set of original bolts.
Thanks

So getting rid of my 4 inch rough country lift. Down grading to 2 inch jks. So what is the best way to remove the transfer case drop spacer? I have a set of original bolts.
Support the tc skid with a jack in the middle of the skid and slide them out after youve taken the bolts out. Thats what i did. Make sure to dab those bolts in antiseize!

It's a cheap rough country lift I am removing. PO just did the bare minimum. So don't think fan shroud will be a problem.

It's a cheap rough country lift I am removing. PO just did the bare minimum. So don't think fan shroud will be a problem.
He means that when you remove the TCase drop the engine will be tilted down and so the fan blade could contact the shroud. Just make sure the fan blade turns freely. Otherwise you’ll overheat pretty quickly.

Thanks will keep an eye on it. Soaking the Allen head bolts in kroil hopefully they don't break.

Thanks will keep an eye on it. Soaking the Allen head bolts in kroil hopefully they don't break.
Where do you have Allen head bolts? That’s odd

Use substantially less torque than 55 ft lb if you decide to slather anti seize.
75-80% of torque spec. 42ft/lbs will do with anti-Seize.

I guess from the RC transfer drop kit PO installed. I have a set of factory bolts on the way.

Reactions: JMT
I bought an endoscope online and an extra long spray straw. Going to spray the drop threads today and the body mount bolts. The endoscope is ok, at least I can see where to spray.

I bought an endoscope online and an extra long spray straw. Going to spray the drop threads today and the body mount bolts. The endoscope is ok, at least I can see where to spray.
Also, whoever told you to support the TCase skid and remove the bolts told you wrong. You support the transmission at the bell housing, remove the 4 bolts at the transmission mount in the middle of the skid. Then remove the three bolts on one side of the TCase skid, remove the drop, and hand thread the stock bolts back on. Then do the same on the other side. Antiseize the bolts is a good idea.

Reactions: Kraken72