Transfer case input gear or output shaft or main shaft

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreverStevens

Knows enough to be dangerous
Supporting Member
Does anyone have a transfer case they've blown up or did you did a short shaft conversion? Looking for an input gear, output shaft, or main shaft for a project. Doesn't need to be pretty as long as the whole thing isn't shattered or something like that. Doesn't matter what t-case it came out of, I'd prefer it to be a Jeep part though. Get rid of that paper weight that's been sitting on your shop shelf for a few years! Pictures attached for an idea of what I'm looking for. Could possibly use the spline end of an axle shaft (only need about 4" of the axle shaft though).

Input gear
1565134613783.png

Output shaft/ main shaft
1565134758485.png

Axle shaft
1565134830404.png

Last edited:
i might have a few things left from when i built this rubi 241... just curious, what are you planning to do with it? if its too good an idea i might have to keep them 😂

i might have a few things left from when i built this rubi 241... just curious, what are you planning to do with it? if its too good an idea i might have to keep them 😂
I've been wanting to make some sort of custom shift knob for at least the gear shifter, and then maybe another option for the transfer case later on. First I was going to buy something, but couldn't find one I liked enough (and a decent price). Then it was going to be some sorta crescent wrench thing with chopping wrenches and welding different parts into a configuration that was cool but comfortable enough for driving. Then I saw a Bleepin Jeep video where he used parts from an old TC.

Video of my general idea here...

that's pretty cool actually. it goes well with his all metal console and dash, don't know if it would look as good in the standard interior. ill see if i still have this stuff. i recently moved and tossed a bunch.

I’m going to do a short shaft conversion hopefully within 2 weeks. Waiting for it to be shipped out. So mine would be available. If you haven’t found one by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.