Transfer case oil pump feed tube

qslim

The Man with the Big Yellow Car
Lifetime Supporting Member
I worked a little on my SYE today, got the back half of the case back on and as I was giving it a look over later I noticed the oil feed tube going to the oil pump - looks like it dropped down out of the pump a little bit? I think the flange of the tube isn’t up against the pump. The tube is still there & I don’t see the o-ring so I assume it is too (it was definitely in there when I assembled it). Is this how they normally sit or am I taking this thing back apart?
852CDBC0-2AEC-429A-8B08-543428A395C8.jpeg

I worked a little on my SYE today, got the back half of the case back on and as I was giving it a look over later I noticed the oil feed tube going to the oil pump - looks like it dropped down out of the pump a little bit? I think the flange of the tube isn’t up against the pump. The tube is still there & I don’t see the o-ring so I assume it is too (it was definitely in there when I assembled it). Is this how they normally sit or am I taking this thing back apart?
View attachment 228157
View attachment 228157
Hey qslim, did you ever get a answer about your oil pump tube issue at all? I’m in the exact same spot with this sye oil pump tube. What did you ever come up with? Thanks in advance!

Hey qslim, did you ever get a answer about your oil pump tube issue at all? I’m in the exact same spot with this sye oil pump tube. What did you ever come up with? Thanks in advance!
I ended up replacing the o-ring. I tried a bunch of different little o-rings that I had on-hand, plus went to NAPA & other stores but couldn't find one that "clicked" in. I ended up finding a parts breakdown somewhere & ordering the factory o-ring, but I don't recall exactly where that was. After I replaced the o-ring that thing stayed put.