Great deals on TJ parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Transfer Case Rebuild Questions

txfiremn

Supporting Member
I've started my rebuild and found that the shift fork was damaged. My question is, does the hub sleeve look OK?
20220513_112322.jpg

OP
txfiremn

txfiremn

Supporting Member
I can find parts diagrams that shows parts for YJ, TJ, and XJ. When I look up the part from the diagram it shows that its listed for an XJ and some list it for TJ's from 98-01. The picture that is with the part looks identical to what I need. Are the parts for the 231 not the same?

LittleTankTJ

TJ Euthanist
Lifetime Supporting Member
There are various bearing sizes used for the np231 over time. I'm not sure that specific part changed, but input shaft and bearing has changed over time

OP
txfiremn

txfiremn

Supporting Member
There are various bearing sizes used for the np231 over time. I'm not sure that specific part changed, but input shaft and bearing has changed over time
Yeah, I get that. I couldn't find much info on the specific part between the vendors. The price ranged from $75 to $300! I found one that states it for a 2002, guess I'll see when it gets here.

Blackjack

Evil Winch Doctor
Supporting Member
Jeep 231s newer than 1994 are for the most part interchangeable. That range hub is definitely in need of replacement.