Transfer Case Rebuild Questions

txfiremn

Supporting Member
I've started my rebuild and found that the shift fork was damaged. My question is, does the hub sleeve look OK?
20220513_112322.jpg

I can find parts diagrams that shows parts for YJ, TJ, and XJ. When I look up the part from the diagram it shows that its listed for an XJ and some list it for TJ's from 98-01. The picture that is with the part looks identical to what I need. Are the parts for the 231 not the same?

There are various bearing sizes used for the np231 over time. I'm not sure that specific part changed, but input shaft and bearing has changed over time

There are various bearing sizes used for the np231 over time. I'm not sure that specific part changed, but input shaft and bearing has changed over time
Yeah, I get that. I couldn't find much info on the specific part between the vendors. The price ranged from $75 to $300! I found one that states it for a 2002, guess I'll see when it gets here.

Hard parts are everywhere for these cases. Dead Jeep Parts has one for $19 shipped. No point in getting a new part that doesn't commonly wear out.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Jeep 231s newer than 1994 are for the most part interchangeable. That range hub is definitely in need of replacement.

Hard parts are everywhere for these cases. Dead Jeep Parts has one for $19 shipped. No point in getting a new part that doesn't commonly wear out.
I wish I would have seen this before. I've already have one on the way but I will definitely keep that in mind with other parts. Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.