Transfercase Fluid Recommendation

Tahdig_siah

TJ Enthusiast
What do you all recommend?

Here is a picture of my transfercase

transfercase.jpg

Its for a 2000 TJ 2.5L MANUAL

here’s a stupid question, can I drive the Jeep when transfercase oil is changed but the differentials still have the old oil in them?

The fluids are changed and the skid plate bolted back up. Turned the jeep on and noticed a rubbing sound, the exhaust pipe is rubbing under the tub past the catalytic converted where it makes a turn upward. Nothing is touching the plate so I wonder how this happened? I need to look at it in daylight to see what happened there.

The fluids are changed and the skid plate bolted back up. Turned the jeep on and noticed a rubbing sound, the exhaust pipe is rubbing under the tub past the catalytic converted where it makes a turn upward. Nothing is touching the plate so I wonder how this happened? I need to look at it in daylight to see what happened there.
Did the four small bolts on the bottom of the transmission mount make it through their mounting bolt holes on the skidplate and get their nuts put back onto them?

Jerry yes they did and I bolted them up. Everything is in place same as before I took it off. Used a lot of Antiseize to prevent future problems. I thought about Nutserts, I may eventually go that route.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford