Transmission cooler line support on oil pan

Ron Hall

TJ Enthusiast
I am putting in a rear seal, as well as replacing pan. There is a block supporting the cooler lines that either fastens to a pan bolt or covers one up. There is a metal piece above that is bolted to the side of the block. I suspect it may have fastened to this rubber block at one time. Is anyone familiar with this rubber support and is it fastened to the oil pan. It looks like it fastens over the lines

00BC0384-8AC4-4BEC-B7A6-D45145025BC0.jpeg

CABFAF0F-C91D-4CDD-A066-FDA65E91C80C.jpeg

Is that support broken or something? I'm not familiar with it, but I'm 99.9% certain you aren't going to find it brand new anywhere. Hell, finding a replacement would be tricky, as I'm not even sure what it's called.

Chris I think it is doing its job. I dont want to tear it up. I believe i can release the lines but that clamp is right where an oil pan bolt hole is and i have an empty hole in my bolt organizer (template of new pan bolt holes on top of box). This bracket would only be on automatics.

Reactions: Chris
I am going to carefully release those lines and try to determine if there is a pan bolt underneath that rubber

I did carefully open that hinge and the plastic hinge broke anyway. This block which secures and cushions the lines from the radiator to the 42rle. The block is sort of threaded on to a studded pan bolt. If jeep can’t get the part i will epoxy the hinge closed. It was doing a good job and I hope I can get the part.

The clip was not my part and the jeep parts counter recheck the number. I am going to use that clip and zip tie my support clip. If we ever find one, I’ll replace it.