Transmission oil pressure sensor?

Rwilli93

Hey guys I have a question. I own a 2006 Wrangler with the 4.0L inline 6 motor. I have recently got a check engine light for a code regarding my transmission oil pressure sensor? However when I called multiple parts stores and dealership they had no such thing and searching online was far from helpful. Has anyone got any experience or dealt with this issue before?

The code is p0846 and specified transmission oil pressure sensor. I have the 42RLE transmission. From the little I could find online the sensor could be inside the tranny or on the side. The code also said "switch B". The dealership only had speed input/output sensors in their system for my jeep. So I'm kind of lost as to what the code/scanner is referring to.

There is a pressure switch assembly in the 42RLE. It's called the Solenoid/Pressure Switch Assembly. I'm not saying that is the problem, but there are pressure switches inside it that send signals to the PCM. Could be that or wiring between the transmission and PCM.

Attachments

• 42RLE-AUTOMATIC-TRANSMISSION.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 1,546
I still see no pressure sensor in the 42RLE. I had my 42RLE apart last year to fix a problem and never saw any reference to a "pressure sensor" anywhere. There is a pressure switch inside the solenoid assembly I replaced on the valve body and there's a temperature sensor adjacent to that but I still see no pressure sensor anywhere in the FSM nor in the Mopar parts listing. If there's one there it'd be interesting to be learn where it's located.

I still see no pressure sensor in the 42RLE. I had my 42RLE apart last year to fix a problem and never saw any reference to a "pressure sensor" anywhere. There is a pressure switch inside the solenoid assembly I replaced on the valve body and there's a temperature sensor adjacent to that but I still see no pressure sensor anywhere in the FSM nor in the Mopar parts listing. If there's one there it'd be interesting to be learn where it's located.

Like @ABQWrangler said, I think the code in question is referring to one of the pressure switches in the solenoid/pressure switch assembly which is inside the valve body that you talked about replacing. I think the P0846 verbiage is just generic since this isn't a manufacturer-specific code, which is why it's referring to a pressure sensor vs. a switch. The switches still technically sense pressure I guess... Looks like the P0846 DTC references both a pressure switch and a sensor depending on where you look it up.

Capture.JPG