Great deals on TJ parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Transmission skid plate install and video

Don Bulee

Why did you use a OEM skid plate instead of going with a high clearance skid plate once you already had a SYE and a DC driveshaft? and if my eyes didnt lie to me... do you still have the OEM rear upper control arms? so your pinion angle havent been adjusted?

OP
UglyDuck

UglyDuck

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Why did you use a OEM skid plate instead of going with a high clearance skid plate once you already had a SYE and a DC driveshaft? and if my eyes didnt lie to me... do you still have the OEM rear upper control arms? so your pinion angle havent been adjusted?

Skid plate because it’s what I had/have on hand. Still oem control arms (installed). Have metalcloak adjustable upper/lower, front/back waiting to install. Jeeps currently parked though due to a bad rod knock which has become excessive. Engine to be rebuilt next, then suspension install. Good questions!

• Sad
Reactions: RINC and Don Bulee

Don Bulee

Skid plate because it’s what I had/have on hand. Still oem control arms (installed). Have metalcloak adjustable upper/lower, front/back waiting to install. Jeeps currently parked though due to a bad rod knock which has become excessive. Engine to be rebuilt next, then suspension install. Good questions!

I can only think in.. STROKER TIME!!!

• USA Proud
Reactions: RINC

Don Bulee

I see you are in Arizona, if you go down to Mexico (nogales) a complete LS swap will be around 4-5K in a good shop, could be an option..

• USA Proud
OP
UglyDuck

UglyDuck

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I’m thinking to send mine to S and J engines up in WA. I’ve searched high and low and this place gives me the best overall feeling. It’s a tough call though. No one local really gives the warm fuzzies. Also I prefer to keep the original engine and have it rebuild vs just swap for someone else’s rebuilt

OP
UglyDuck

UglyDuck

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hit 200k miles on mine. When it goes, I liking on the stroker option but I bet I'll be short on cash when this motor goes south.

Btw I’m at 205k on mine. Planning to make a video highlighting my rod knock woes, but I’m deep in another project for a bit.

• Wow