Transmission skid plate install and video

Why did you use a OEM skid plate instead of going with a high clearance skid plate once you already had a SYE and a DC driveshaft? and if my eyes didnt lie to me... do you still have the OEM rear upper control arms? so your pinion angle havent been adjusted?

Why did you use a OEM skid plate instead of going with a high clearance skid plate once you already had a SYE and a DC driveshaft? and if my eyes didnt lie to me... do you still have the OEM rear upper control arms? so your pinion angle havent been adjusted?

Skid plate because it’s what I had/have on hand. Still oem control arms (installed). Have metalcloak adjustable upper/lower, front/back waiting to install. Jeeps currently parked though due to a bad rod knock which has become excessive. Engine to be rebuilt next, then suspension install. Good questions!

• Sad
Reactions: RINC and Don Bulee
Skid plate because it’s what I had/have on hand. Still oem control arms (installed). Have metalcloak adjustable upper/lower, front/back waiting to install. Jeeps currently parked though due to a bad rod knock which has become excessive. Engine to be rebuilt next, then suspension install. Good questions!

I can only think in.. STROKER TIME!!!

• USA Proud
Reactions: RINC
I see you are in Arizona, if you go down to Mexico (nogales) a complete LS swap will be around 4-5K in a good shop, could be an option..

• USA Proud
I’m thinking to send mine to S and J engines up in WA. I’ve searched high and low and this place gives me the best overall feeling. It’s a tough call though. No one local really gives the warm fuzzies. Also I prefer to keep the original engine and have it rebuild vs just swap for someone else’s rebuilt

Hit 200k miles on mine. When it goes, I liking on the stroker option but I bet I'll be short on cash when this motor goes south.

Btw I’m at 205k on mine. Planning to make a video highlighting my rod knock woes, but I’m deep in another project for a bit.

• Wow