Transmission type

Guam671jeeper

can someone help me I got a 2002 jeep wrangler sahara inline6 and would like to know what type of transmission I got.im trying to find it on the trans but can't seem to find it thanks for the help

can someone help me I got a 2002 jeep wrangler sahara inline6 and would like to know what type of transmission I got.im trying to find it on the trans but can't seem to find it thanks for the help
If it's the 5-speed, you have the NV3550. If it's the automatic, it's a 32RH which is a 3-speed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bermudacat
the NV3550 is rated for higher torque and gear ratios differ but behind the 4.0L both are great trannys
my bet is Jeep changed for buying power, purchasing, nothing to do with one being better.

the NV3550 is rated for higher torque and gear ratios differ but behind the 4.0L both are great trannys
my bet is Jeep changed for buying power, purchasing, nothing to do with one being better.
Not really. Customers were yelling for a 6 speed. Having had both, the 6 speed suited my needs a lot better.

Last edited:
Lower 1st gear w/ the 6 :cool:

... and slightly lower on the 3550. I'd love to have the 6 speed; however, the 6 speed also has an overdrive that isn't as deep as the 3550 or AX15. The overall gear span isn't that much greater, but you have a finer gear selection. For example, I am planning for 4.88 gears with the 3550, but I would consider 4.56s for the NSG379.

Reactions: Reign Mack