Trashed soft top, YAY!

Ok Yall got my interest. It does appear to be smeared with black uh stuff
If you can't tell that's the factory plastic on the bottom of the dash, maybe you need glasses?
He didn't indicate anything about my Alcantara Suede? He had arrows pointing to the bottom of the dash?
You'd have to be pretty ignorant or just plain stupid not to recognize suede I think?
IMG_0732.JPG

Reactions: TJ Starting
If you can't tell that's the factory plastic on the bottom of the dash, maybe you need glasses?
He didn't indicate anything about my Alcantara Suede?
View attachment 259680
Screenshot_20210616-134604_Chrome.jpg

He...as in me...apparently missed the sign sticking up on the Jeep that says please notice thr suede dash and the bottom half going in a different direction therefore making it look a contrasted color to other sections.

Missing that sign it appeared to me that the tan lower dash was dirty black
👇👇👇👇👇
Screenshot_20210616-134604_Chrome.jpg

View attachment 259683

He...as in me...apparently missed the sign sticking up on the Jeep that says please notice thr suede dash and the bottom half going in a different direction therefore making it look a contrasted color to other sections.

Missing that sign it appeared to me that the tan lower dash was dirty black
👇👇👇👇👇View attachment 259683
Any way you look at it, it still looks like suede, maybe you've never seen suede before? lol

I don't have a sign saying these are wheels either, but would you ask me what those round things in my wheel wells are? hahah
Cmon dude, use your commen sense? lol

I don't have a sign saying these are wheels either, but would you ask me what those round things in my wheel wells are? hahah
Cmon dude, use your commen sense? lol
Did you have a thread on how you did that? just glue the suede on?

Not sure anyone would ever expect a Tj dash to have suede on it.
...and, what's your point?
Never heard of the term "customized" as in every other Jeep out there being built, not bought?
So, I think outside the box, suedes extremely durable and looks kick-ass to boot. lol

Reactions: TJ Starting
...and, what's your point?
Never heard of the term "customized" as in every other Jeep out there being built, not bought?
So, I think outside the box, suedes extremely durable and looks kick-ass to boot. lol
You’re right I have never heard of customized before.

Did you have a thread on how you did that? just glue the suede on?
Yes, I did a whole write up on it.
I used to work in an upholstery shop when I was young and the way you do it is with spray contact adhesive on both sides.
The trick is getting it to conform and lay down around corners though.

Reactions: Apparition
Yes, I did a whole write up on it.
I used to work in an upholstery shop when I was young and the way you do it is with spray contact adhesive on both sides.
The trick is getting it to conform and lay down around corners though.
Happen to have a link? I searched suede and failed to find it.

He didn't indicate anything about my Alcantara Suede? He had arrows pointing to the bottom of the dash?
You'd have to be pretty ignorant or just plain stupid not to recognize suede I think?
View attachment 259680
The knuckleless driving gloves are a nice touch. You wear a monocle too? Take a nice drive into the country with your bespoke wicker champagne flute basket?

• Haha
Reactions: 1o1proof
I didn't do a show as I went type write up, just an explanation with pictures when I joined of how I did it.
I can look, but how do I link it?
The little button two to the left of the post number (two lines, three balls), or grab the address at the top of the page and paste it in your message.

The lighting's a little different on some of these, but you get the idea. I just installed the upholstery like you would any upholstery, with contact adhesive.
Trim is carbon fiber wrapped aluminum with hex bolts I painted red to match.
Then added the red rope trim in between certain areas.
My whole interior was spice when I started.
Alcantara Suede holds up extremely well in outdoor conditions, i.e. top down.
Alcantara Suede is what is used in Lamborghini's' and Ferrari's, but now you see it in some nice production cars for it's durability.
It ain't cheap either.
IMG_0732.JPG
IMG_0734.JPG
IMG_0735.JPG
IMG_0736.JPG
IMG_0803.JPG
IMG_0804.JPG
IMG_20160803_185200_682.jpg
IMG_20160803_185218_026.jpg
IMG_20161010_125232_629.jpg
IMG_20161010_125339_032.jpg
IMG_20161010_125501_405.jpg

The lighting's a little different on some of these, but you get the idea. I just installed the upholstery like you would any upholstery, with contact adhesive.
Trim is carbon fiber wrapped aluminum with hex bolts I painted red to match.
Then added the red rope trim in between certain areas.
My whole interior was spice when I started.
Alcantara Suede holds up extremely well in outdoor conditions, i.e. top down.
Alcantara Suede is what is used in Lamborghini's' and Ferrari's, but now you see it in some nice production cars for it's durability.
It ain't cheap either.
View attachment 259686View attachment 259687View attachment 259688View attachment 259689View attachment 259690View attachment 259691View attachment 259692View attachment 259693View attachment 259694View attachment 259695View attachment 259696
Looks sharp. Thanks for posting the pics. It's down the road but I may try something like this as a finishing touch to the new build.

Reactions: Tray Burge