Trashed soft top, YAY!

Looks sharp. Thanks for posting the pics. It's down the road but I may try something like this as a finishing touch to the new build.
Thanks Apparition, I've always thought a nice distressed, saddle brown leather would look good too!
Suede is a little more forgiving on scuffs and scrapes though.

Reactions: Apparition
Thanks Apparition, I've always thought a nice distressed, saddle brown leather would look good too!
Suede is a little more forgiving on scuffs and scrapes though.
I like the carbon fiber accents. And if I go with some sort of aluminum console, I don't really want to see aluminum. Figured a wrap but fabric may be a better route.

I like the carbon fiber accents. And if I go with some sort of aluminum console, I don't really want to see aluminum. Figured a wrap but fabric may be a better route.
I've used this carbon fiber wrap in my interior, under the hood in my truck and has really impressed me by holding up like new!
It literally looks as good as the day I installed it and holding on just as well too. Heat hasn't effected it one bit in any way either.
I did prep everything with alcohol first before applying though.

Reactions: Apparition
If you can't tell that's the factory plastic on the bottom of the dash, maybe you need glasses?
He didn't indicate anything about my Alcantara Suede? He had arrows pointing to the bottom of the dash?
You'd have to be pretty ignorant or just plain stupid not to recognize suede I think?
View attachment 259680
🤣😂🤣Kinda hard to see on these phones. On my screen it looked like grease or somthing. No need to so damn sensitive sorry if I hurt your sissy ass feelings buddy.
Anyway I bet that's pretty cool you should do a write up on it or link one if you have.

The lighting's a little different on some of these, but you get the idea. I just installed the upholstery like you would any upholstery, with contact adhesive.
Trim is carbon fiber wrapped aluminum with hex bolts I painted red to match.
Then added the red rope trim in between certain areas.
My whole interior was spice when I started.
Alcantara Suede holds up extremely well in outdoor conditions, i.e. top down.
Alcantara Suede is what is used in Lamborghini's' and Ferrari's, but now you see it in some nice production cars for it's durability.
It ain't cheap either.
View attachment 259686View attachment 259687View attachment 259688View attachment 259689View attachment 259690View attachment 259691View attachment 259692View attachment 259693View attachment 259694View attachment 259695View attachment 259696
its also been in fords…
your first pictures and your avatar look nothing like suede, no big deal

🤣😂🤣Kinda hard to see on these phones. On my screen it looked like grease or somthing. No need to so damn sensitive sorry if I hurt your sissy ass feelings buddy.
Anyway I bet that's pretty cool you should do a write up on it or link one if you have.
Yeah, I imagine they'd look pretty crappy and undefined on a cell phone? lol

Reactions: Hopper