Traxxas X-Maxx arrived today!

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
What a beauty she is (both of them actually)!

13502936_10208597434587554_7500153720667806289_o.jpg

This thing is more off road capable than most of our Jeeps. 4WD, aluminum driveshafts with steel differentials. I'm going to change out the ring and pinions to give me a little bit higher top speed. However, with the batteries I am running in this thing it's just an absolute beast!

Oh, and for those of you who don't know what this is:
https://traxxas.com/products/landing/X-Maxx/

As far as I am concerned, this is pretty much THE monster truck to have right now. Sure, there will be guys who argue against nitro versus electric. However, believe me when I say that this is electric to the max! I've had nitro trucks, but I really prefer electric these days.

Wicked truck! I agree, electric is the way to go now. With lipo batteries the way they are, and the fast chargers on the market, it's hard to compete. My son has a Slash, and I have an HPI Savage. I don't use my Savage too much, as I put an LRP .28 in it, and it has so much power that it's hard to keep axles in it!

Reactions: Chris
I used to have an HPI Savage as well. Nitro certainly is fun, but with electric the way it is these days, it's just so much cleaner, maintenance free, and overall lead finicky than nitro.

Not to mention the neighbors don't get pissed. My neighbors never used to like when I would take my Savage out and race it up and down the roads at night. Those things are indeed loud!

The only problem with the X-Maxx is that it's still so new, that there are hardly any aftermarket parts for it yet. It's also bigger than 1/5 scale, so most of the 1/5 generic stuff still isn't quite as big.

Reactions: derekmac
That thing is [Trump voice] YUUUUGE!

I've got an axial wraith that I bought a new bright TJ body for that I'm about 80% complete in mating. I need to get off my ass and complete it

Reactions: Chris
That thing is [Trump voice] YUUUUGE!

I've got an axial wraith that I bought a new bright TJ body for that I'm about 80% complete in mating. I need to get off my ass and complete it

Those axial wraiths are pretty cool!

One of the reasons I went with the X-Maxx is because it's so huge (bigger than 1/5 scale) that it will pretty much go over everything. My old T-Maxx on the other hand would flip back-and-forth over a lot of terrain because it was much smaller, so the bumps impacted it much more.