Tree savers

Eddie Greenlee

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Hey I was just about to buy a tree saver and was wondering which one to get. So what is the most popular size 6', 8' ?? 2 or 3" and what weight capacity 20,000 ? 30,000lbs?? And even brand?
Thanks

I have a Warn 4"x8' strap - I figured that extra 2" in width was worth the added strength.

Also, get yourself a snatch block; I have Warn's smaller (9,000lbs) snatch block myself.

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
I would go at least 20,000 lb on both tree saver and snatch block. Remember as you use snatch blocks to increase the pulling power of the winch you can create more force than your winch is rated at. My tow strap, tree saver and snatch blocks are at least double my winch rating.

Hmmm...tree saver. Tree...Saver... Get the widest one you can find. It'll be plenty strong, and it just might save the bark on a tree. If it was all about strength, we would just throw a choker chain around the tree and be done with it.

edited to add: as far as length goes, multiply the usual tree diameter that you'll be hooking up to by 4. Three foot trees in your area? Get a 12' strap. Four foot diameter trees? 16' strap. I think mine is 6 or 8" x 16'.

Last edited:
I would go at least 20,000 lb on both tree saver and snatch block. Remember as you use snatch blocks to increase the pulling power of the winch you can create more force than your winch is rated at. My tow strap, tree saver and snatch blocks are at least double my winch rating.

I thought that, as long as your line is run through your snatch block and back to your vehicle, you are actually reducing the stress on your winch (and similarly giving yourself a mechanical advantage of 2)?

Reactions: Phil Younger
Jp98 is correct. If you are using the snatch block in a non-moving application such a way like winch out to block and back to your bumper your line and winch will only see perhaps 8000# but the line back gets the same so you have 2 8000# lines in effect working on that block and tree saver or 16000 total. Think about a time when you used a block and tackle with multiple pulleys to easily lift a very heavy load. Your effort was only maybe 30 lbs but you lifted 120#.

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
I have 3 in my jeep.all diffront
Lengths.some times you will need more than just the winch to get off some rocks or from one tree to the next one for a better angle.and some trees are huge and some are small. If only going yo get one get the longer one.wrap around tree 2 times if to long in the situation

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk